Dell Monitor slight clouding

xenoaxle

Bronze Level Poster
I recently purchased a Dell S2716DG 27-inch Gaming Monitor however noticed it has one dead pixel and slight clouding at the bottom, looks a lot like two finger prints.

Its not even noticeable during general use only when the screen is one shade of black...but i know its there.

Amazon gave me 10% off which was very good so paid £490......but is there anything that could fix the clouding?

steaky360

I'm not even sure I understand what clouding is :( I feel silly...

I wouldn't know the first thing about how to fix it though, if its a hardware issue it could just be damaged? I take it Amazon wouldn't accept a return hence offering the discount?

xenoaxle

Bronze Level Poster
I was really happy with the monitor so would have rather not return, but i do see the clouding, its like light bleed....sorta. I may ask them what my options are.

rav007

Enthusiast
I love amazon. They get mixed reviews which baffles me. Whenever you email them, contact them in live chat or whatever, they're always helpful. Also if you report a defect you can request for your money to be paid back into your amazon account as gift balance almost immediately, all you have to do is take it to a collect+ point and once you get the receipt from there, they refund you within a couple hours. I bought an S7 from a seller on there which was amazon fulfilled, and the phone had been blacklisted, so they gave me the refund and I had a new one the next day from amazon themselves(edit: I paid for the new one, but the point it is the turnaround was quick in getting a replacement). Really can't speak highly enough about them. They also extended my prime membership by a month each time they didn't deliver on a next day delivery.

xenoaxle

Bronze Level Poster
I love amazon. They get mixed reviews which baffles me. Whenever you email them, contact them in live chat or whatever, they're always helpful. Also if you report a defect you can request for your money to be paid back into your amazon account as gift balance almost immediately, all you have to do is take it to a collect+ point and once you get the receipt from there, they refund you within a couple hours. I bought an S7 from a seller on there which was amazon fulfilled, and the phone had been blacklisted, so they gave me the refund and I had a new one the next day from amazon themselves(edit: I paid for the new one, but the point it is the turnaround was quick in getting a replacement). Really can't speak highly enough about them. They also extended my prime membership by a month each time they didn't deliver on a next day delivery.

Totally agree with you, excellent service.

Stephen M

Author Level
Agree as well. I think a lot of criticism is about their tax avoidance but while I do not agree it is what most/all major companies do and it is up to governments to be more effective in tax collection. As far as customer service goes I have always found Amazon excellent, somehow I managed to order the same DVD twice but they were still happy to accept one back and give a full refund, despite the fact they would have been stung for the postage as the emailed me a pre-paid return label. They could easily have said it was my fault so hard luck.

The only downside, for me, is something that is hard to control, the standard of customer reviews, a lot are obviously troll stuff but as our mods will tell us, keeping on top of internet loons is hard work and non stop.

Jamesdore

My last tv I had got through staples had a fault wherr it had strips going down that move like the old tv's did with static. They gave us a full refund and allowed us to keep the tv. Knowing our luck it stoped for serval months then came back. It's a shame these faults happen deffinately when it's quite new. This tv didn't make half year old before it became faulty.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Most electronics will have a 1 year warranty. So even if you can't take it back to the shop, you should be able to have the manufacturer fix it for you. In my view it's far more preferable for something to fail within the warranty than after 13 months...

rav007

Enthusiast
The only downside, for me, is something that is hard to control, the standard of customer reviews, a lot are obviously troll stuff but as our mods will tell us, keeping on top of internet loons is hard work and non stop.

This really annoys me too. The reviewers who buy a tablet or something and say "battery life is 9h50 now 10h. 1 star". Then theres the fake reviews, but theres a way to spot them! Theres are sites that scan them, I use this one: https://reviewmeta.com/amazon-uk/B01M24W77N

I nearly bought one product on account of it having 120+ 5 star reviews to then realise they were all short reviews with no real information and the accounts all had a first and last name, but hadnt reviewed anything else. All made up accounts.

Most electronics will have a 1 year warranty. So even if you can't take it back to the shop, you should be able to have the manufacturer fix it for you. In my view it's far more preferable for something to fail within the warranty than after 13 months...

Agreed. I felt fortunate that my laptop failed within the warranty, though i paid for the gold warranty, I just got back from US and off to Sweden soon and it would be a nightmare if it failed in either of those countries! I hope it gets fixed and they let me know what happened.