Desktop Clock time randomly changing?

Sweeney47

This is the second time it's done it since I've had my PC, I've looked down and its randomly changed time. When I turned my PC on this morning it was fine, time was right 10:08, I played a little of the BFBC 2 single player game, close the game one hour later and now my clock says 3:36...

This happened like a week or so too.

Just an edit, it holds the minutes, date etc perfectly but the hour changes.

What is causing this?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Not heard of this issue before, sounds like it's being updated automatically, have you got your time zone set to GMT/BST?

Sweeney47

Just checked, apparently it was set to LA time... question is why did it not auto-update for about 10 days? I would have thought that it would update more regularly...

Matt

Bright Spark
All sorted then? :)

Hopefully.

I actually had a similar problem myself a while ago with the date and time. It stopped windows update from working and my anti virus refused to update. 99% positive that was the programme that i used and it fixed my problems. If it doesn't work ill have another look around.

Sweeney47

well I wont know if its working now until it randomly changes as I said its only happened twice since ive had my PC, rest of the time its tracked time just fine. Im not going to bother downloading a program to keep my clock up to date :p