Desktop Fan Configuration

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Hey guys,

I've ordered two off Corsaor SP140 Fans for my case to bring it up to 5 fans on the case, im just not sure where to put them.

Static Pressure fans are for exhaust purposes from what i have read so not sure really where to locate them

Also is there push and pull modes to think about?

Any advice appreciated.

Mike

steaky360

There are lots and lots of different 'schools of thought' in fan configurations with cases. I'd suggest a slightly positive pressure in the PC rather than a negative pressure (ie more air is being pushed in than out) mostly to try and prevent dust build up. But depending on where you're putting them would determine if they are intakes or exhausts. In general (imo) low fans will be intakes and higher fans will be exhausts (heat rises after all).

Static pressure fans are great for radiators because they have the 'force' to push more air through the fins on the radiators.

Push/Pull is something you could consider of course, especially with the static fans depending on your cooler it might benefit from it. But again, depending on where you look, the affect of adding another fan to create a push/pull setup is not always great.

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Cool thanks Steaky

A the moment i have one exhaust and two ins at the front, i've got space for two more at the top so ill maybe put them up ther becaue thats where my liquid cooling will go if (when) i get it.

DUK,

I need to see pictures or your machine? Cardboard box for a case :)

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
OK got my fans today and they are static pressure so they might be useless are they?The light up red though.

I was going to put them on the top

So got

2 AF inlets on the front
1 AF on the back for exhaust

will i move the two fronts to the top and put the SP's at the front

or leave everything the way it is and put the SP's on the top incase i ever get the liquied cooler for the cpu?

Any configurations appreciated i cant find much confirmation on line making me think i've bought the wrong ones.

steaky360

If it were me I'd leave everything where it was and install the SP's in the top. They wont be useless and will certainly help expel hot air out the top of the case :)

Androcles

Rising Star
Cool thanks Steaky

I need to see pictures or your machine? Cardboard box for a case :)

od_872_1305834730.jpg

Cardboard%20Computer%20Case.jpg

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Right guys got it working, thanks for the advice.

Sadly my MOBO only supports 4 Chassis fans and thats mine now got 5 so i connected one to the CPU OUT and seems to be working fine.

Its a little louder but call me sad but the sound of air travelling through the machine is kind of relaxing. Was going to say Chilling but was expecting ridicule.