Desktop not starting out of the box.

sambak531

We've literally just unpacked my son's desktop AMD which doesn't start up after an initial few seconds.

Technical Support tell us a connection might have become detached in transit and we did find a rear fan wasn't connected at all which we think we've rectified but still no start up and also suspect the HD power source isn't connected either. Being a Mac user, I've never heard of connections coming loose (or shipping partially unplugged) so am somewhat taken by surprise at Technical's response by saying we should look for loose items. And now of course, we can't get back through ..

I fear this machine will go straight back but before this happens, can anyone please offer some experience of how this company ship their machines and whether it's at all possible connections can possibly detach after a factory test?

Many thanks,

Richard.

Toxophilix

Bright Spark
... and whether it's at all possible connections can possibly detach after a factory test?
It's certainly possible, and every computer manufacturer (including Apple) has its share of DOA products.

However it seems unlikely to me that multiple components - the fan and HDD - should become disconnected in transit, unless the van carrying the thing drove over a cliff.

Has it been sorted out?

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
It may have been sorted now and apologies if I appear to be offering pointless input that has probably already been covered but had you definitely turned the Power Supply switch on? And I don't mean at the wall, I mean on the back on the computer. Quite a few people forget this in the excitement of receiving their PC and are shocked when the press the on button and it powers up and then straight back down.