Desktop randomly freeze/lag for every around 20 mins

magchiu

I am experiencing the pc lagging for few second randomly for every 20mins.
During the lag, the fps drops to very low and the graphic and sound are like slow motion for few seconds. It resumes normal after few second but repeat for every 15-20mins.

Any advices for me to fix this problem? thanks!

My list:

Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (DDR4, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD
1st Storage Drive
1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 64MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SEAGATE FIRECUDA 520 GEN 4 PCIe NVMe (up to 5000MB/R, 2500MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2200 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair iCUE H100i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler

Bhuna50

Author Level
What grfx card is installed with this set up.

What Window version are you running - can you post full spec please not just half

What are you doing / playing / running when it occurs - any common theme? If a game, is it at certain peak parts of game graphically etc? What settings are you running?

Is Windows up to date - can you screen shot your windows update page please.

Can you see what temperatures are at the point of lagging ?

magchiu

Apologise I pasted the half of the list only because the I installed my old GPU and window so it is not appears in the list on PCS.

GPU: ASUS STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-Gaming
WINDOW 10: (August 9, 2022—KB5016616) - I updated to the latest version but the lagging still occurs.

The lagging occurs when I am browsing webs and playing music in the background. The music makes me know the lag happens.

However, it occurs more frequent when playing game likes call of duty vanguard. For the most serious case, it lag for every 13mins when i was in-game.

the temperatures at the point of lagging:
1660077107507.png

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Apologise I pasted the half of the list only because the I installed my old GPU and window so it is not appears in the list on PCS.

GPU: ASUS STRIX-GTX1070-O8G-Gaming
WINDOW 10: (August 9, 2022—KB5016616) - I updated to the latest version but the lagging still occurs.

The lagging occurs when I am browsing webs and playing music in the background. The music makes me know the lag happens.

However, it occurs more frequent when playing game likes call of duty vanguard. For the most serious case, it lag for every 13mins when i was in-game.

the temperatures at the point of lagging:
View attachment 34399
Are you playing local music files or streaming?

Are you sure it's not your interrnet connection that's flaking?

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Temps seem fine, shouldn't be thermal throttling. Could possibly be a driver issue, with GPU or audio so you could try uninstalling the devices in device manager and then ensuring latest drivers are installed for each.

Ultimately I think it might be easier to just do a clean install of windows on your SSD, with the latest drivers etc. Hopefully all your games are installed on the HDD so you don't have to reinstall them.