Desktop to LCD TV HDMI connection?

Noob

Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy a computer mainly for gaming/media/dvd kinda things, my order quote #348315 is the system I'm thinking of getting. My question is will I be able to connect that to my tv via a HDMI connection? My cunning plan is to then be able to play games, music, blu ray etc. through the tv hence saving space, the only problem is I'm a complete novice at this computer trickery so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gorman

Author Level
Most mid to high range cards (this includes yours) include either a HDMI port or DVI which can be converted to HDMI with an adaptor availiable on request.

Matt

Bright Spark
If its converted to HDMI through the adapter do you still get hdmi sound as well?

Is HDMI image quality better than dvi with both running @ 1080p/1920x1080?

Noob

Ah I see. Just another quick one, will the blu ray players also do the whole DVD/CD re-writer thing as well? or will I need two drives?

Gorman

Author Level
If its converted to HDMI through the adapter do you still get hdmi sound as well?

Is HDMI image quality better than dvi with both running @ 1080p/1920x1080?

Yes to the sound, ATI cards have a sound card in them (ish, for this purpose) and Nvidea cards have an internal connection for pass through from the sound card. Think early cd roms and the audio cable for cd music.

HDMI is DVI with a different connector, the quality is identical.

Gorman

Author Level
The blu ray drives we sell come in different flavours, one is pure rom and will read bluray - dvd - cd, the others are a mix of rom and writers and pure writers.

The mid priced drive is the best bet as its a blu ray rom and dvd rw etc

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Ah I see. Just another quick one, will the blu ray players also do the whole DVD/CD re-writer thing as well? or will I need two drives?

All our Blu-ray drives can read/write DVD's and CD's :)