Deviance problem

Emo

Silver Level Poster
Hello,
i installed win10 and pcs drivers for my laptop.
I have this problem ....

Cattura.PNG

Cattura2.PNG

I think it's the biometric sensor (but I can be wrong)

TNX

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
It's definitely a Synaptics device (06CB) but I've no idea what device the 00C7 is. It could be the touchpad or the fingerprint sensor. If you logon to the main PCS site it should be in the downloads section for your build.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
Hi - I'm just here for the thread title. But now that I see what it's about, I'm leaving again.

Hopefully the problem gets resolved..... (y)

Bhuna50

Author Level
It is the fingerprint scanner, but unfortunately the Clevo downloads section for that chassis is empty so I cant see any descriptions for what (out of your list) is the right driver to install.

It also looks from a quick google, that the similar device is in other branded laptops and was broken by a Windows 10 update - however I have been unable to find a solution.

I can only assume that there is a driver out there for this and if i was you, just ask someone at PCS if they can identify which one of the ten files is it that has the driver for the fingerprint scanner.

Another thing to try is to delete / remove the device and see if windows then manages to find it next time around again.

Bhuna50

Author Level
Can I also suggest that you remove the links to your download section files as we dont want anyone using these thinking it will resolve their issues as things might be different. also, I dont know if PCS would like the drivers on open download like that.

djsubtronic

Silver Level Poster
I have the same laptop and the only way I could get the fingerprint to work was to download it from here:
Note - DO NOT click the "download driver" button as it ends up downloading an EXE file which is probably some shady driver manager/updater, make sure you expand it and click the "download zip" option which only contains the driver files.

1618415399402.png

6.0.5.1115 is the one I am using since I got the laptop in the beginning of March, and it's working perfectly. After you download and extract the zip, install the driver manually by going to the missing device in Device Manager and rightclick > Update driver. Then ask to let you pick a driver and browse to the location where you extracted the zip. The device should show up and you can install it from there.

These are the contents of the ZIP you get from the link above:
1618415489537.png

Attachments

• 1618415389616.png
    1618415389616.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 100
Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Emo