DHL delivery = confused.com

I cant make head or tail from this...

Status Date Time Signatory Branch Comments
Arrived At Depot 02/12/10 09:57 MANCHESTER TERMINAL
Arrived At Depot 01/12/10 18:21 LEEDS - TERMINAL
Parcel Picked Up 01/12/10 16:03 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
Delayed due to adverse weather 01/12/10 07:30 INVERNESS SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 01/12/10 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE

Inverness is like 14 miles from where I live...

Will I receive my system tomorrow/Sat/Mon?

Agonul

Bronze Level Poster
Well let's hope I'm at the house when my package arrives, we don't have to pay for the delivery do we?

Sleinous

Author Level
nope you dont :)

No idea why the parcel has been shipped all the way back down to Leeds though :S usually it just stays at the service centre till next day.

What on earth is going on :S This seems like alot more travelling that is required for a fragile machine like a PC....

BTW I went to Inverness :D

Rakk

The Awesome
Parcel Picked Up 01/12/10 16:03 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE
Delayed due to adverse weather 01/12/10 07:30 INVERNESS SERVICE CENTRE
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 01/12/10 LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE

No idea why the parcel has been shipped all the way back down to Leeds though :S usually it just stays at the service centre till next day.

It wouldn't have been, it probably just stayed in Leeds all day, and possibly the thing from Inverness Service Centre was just a notification that all deliveries to there were delayed and so it stayed put.

Gorman

Author Level
It wouldn't have been, it probably just stayed in Leeds all day, and possibly the thing from Inverness Service Centre was just a notification that all deliveries to there were delayed and so it stayed put.

True Rakk, didnt think of that. Yeah the tracker lies alot

Rakk has read this right, the tracker speaks the truth. All it says is that the package is in Manchester as the Inverness branch is not accepting goods, probably due to the white stuff.

I would be very suprised if this arrives today, unless the tracker has since been updated.

PringlesInside

Enthusiast
yeap im a bit baffled with mine aswell.
mine as being an addiotnal order this time... IIayama 24Inch screen.

Code:
Status 	Date 	Time 	Signatory 	Branch 	Comments
[B]In transit to delivery depot 	03/12/10 	02:25 		HATFIELD TERMINAL 	[/B]
Arrived At Depot 	02/12/10 	18:06 		LEEDS - TERMINAL 	
Parcel Size/Volume Check 	02/12/10 			LEEDS - TERMINAL 	
Parcel Picked Up 	02/12/10 	16:03 		LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE 	
Delayed due to adverse weather 	02/12/10 	07:30 		CHELMSFORD SERVICE CENTRE

and now lets look at my pc order awhile ago:

Code:
Status 	Date 	Time 	Signatory 	Branch 	Comments
Delivered 	01/11/10 	12:03 	~~~~~ 	CHELMSFORD SERVICE CENTRE 	
Out for delivery 	01/11/10 	07:27 		CHELMSFORD SERVICE CENTRE 	
Scanned as part of secure process 	30/10/10 			CHELMSFORD SERVICE CENTRE 	
Passed to courier for delivery. 	30/10/10 	06:39 		CHELMSFORD SERVICE CENTRE 	
In Transit 	30/10/10 	06:39 		CHELMSFORD SERVICE CENTRE 	
Re-routed to another courier 	30/10/10 			CHELMSFORD SERVICE CENTRE 	
Arrived At Depot 	30/10/10 	05:28 		CHELMSFORD SERVICE CENTRE 	
[B]In transit to delivery depot 	30/10/10 	01:11 		HATFIELD TERMINA[/B]L 	
Arrived At Depot 	29/10/10 	18:15 		LEEDS - TERMINAL 	
Parcel Size/Volume Check 	29/10/10 			LEEDS - TERMINAL 	
Parcel Picked Up 	29/10/10 	16:08 		LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE 	
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 	29/10/10 			LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE 	
Parcel data received awaiting coll. 	02/12/10 			LEEDS SERVICE CENTRE

LOL , were did the DHL van go to? Must have stopped for a fag ... a pretty big fag.

Last edited:

Sleinous

Author Level
Dont worry, DHL are well known for the old "delayed adverse weather" trick lol. Google it youll find an account from some guy who had that message for well over 2 weeks!

Still not quite sure how InterLink managed to deliver my parcel to my address when we had 7 inches of snow still? It was the Thursday when it had fallen overnight. I recieved an email in the morning sayig it would be delivered between 13:39 and 14:39, I said to myself, nah theyll be a bit late with this weather but ill forgive them.

But NO! They turned up at 13:41 on the dot! Now THAT is service for you. Before you ask, my parcel came from up north somewhere so it DID travel through most of the snow right to my very doorstep which still had a very modest 7 inches of snow.

Dont worry, DHL are well known for the old "delayed adverse weather" trick lol. Google it youll find an account from some guy who had that message for well over 2 weeks!

Still not quite sure how InterLink managed to deliver my parcel to my address when we had 7 inches of snow still? It was the Thursday when it had fallen overnight. I recieved an email in the morning sayig it would be delivered between 13:39 and 14:39, I said to myself, nah theyll be a bit late with this weather but ill forgive them.

But NO! They turned up at 13:41 on the dot! Now THAT is service for you. Before you ask, my parcel came from up north somewhere so it DID travel through most of the snow right to my very doorstep which still had a very modest 7 inches of snow.

2 weeks? :O I paid for 5 day fast track, and the £19 extra because I live in the North of Scotland.

PringlesInside

Enthusiast
dam!!!!!! arrived at depot on 3rd (leeds to chelmsford is now clear/safe - bye snow!) . BUT i never new they deliver on SUNDAY!!??! I left saturday night for ipswich and arrived home just 1 hour ago to find DHL card. It bascially says that if they do not hear from me then they will redeliver the next working day. I am asking wether they actually do this??- so am i right by saying tomorrow (monday) i will get my delivery (ofcourse anytime between ther working hours).?

Craig

Silver Level Poster
Yes - you should get it. I'm pretty sure they delivered on Sunday due to snow, better to try and deliver on a Sunday that not at all, right?

Didn't really have much snow here, and the roads was fairly clear, maybe an inch of snow at max...

alastair

Bronze Level Poster
From my experience of couriers their trackers are less than accurate. For example i had an order from the usa shipped by UPS if their tracker was to be belived it went from the local office to a hub, to their international hub, back to the hub, then to the international hub, then flew to midlands hub, back to us hub, back to the midlands then my local hub then finally to me lol.
However with Parcel Force if it says it's shipped from North Wales (my company) going to Southampton and it appears in Scotland it actually is in Scotland. They did that once to often so i now use a different courier.

Status Date Time Signatory Branch Comments
Passed to delivery courier 06/12/10 09:58 PERTH SERVICE CENTRE

Does this mean it could arrive today?

Gorman

Author Level
possibly, although i would be looking for an 'Out for delivery' line as thats how its usually presented.

Mitchell

i hate waiting on deliveries, i have no patience for it at all.

Haha tell me about it. It's like when you order a computer game and you know it'll arrive by release date, I mean it always arrives on release date. However you spend the whole day pacing outside the front door freaking out if it'll come or not!