Did I make the right decisions on a pc?

DON'T nerf the RAM.

Seriously though. Why buy 2400MHz RAM, which you then replace with e.g. 3200 MHz RAM, which you could just buy right now? Major false economy as you are paying for something you already know to be obsolete. The RAM should last you for the lifetime of the PC.

If you need to save, drop the CPU to the R5 2600(x).

Or even drop the SSD. You can just add an SSD with no wasted cash/components. As opposed to buying RAM which you then replace with other RAM that was on sale at the time you bought the PC!

:)
Mate is it a good idea to get the 2600x. I get £50 I could spend on extras

I'll post the spec
Case
Corsair icue one
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight Core CPU (3.7GHz-4.35GHz/20MB CACHE/AM4)

down_right_arrow.gif

Get 3 Months of XBOX Game Pass for PC w/ select AMD Ryzen CPUs

down_right_arrow.gif

The Outer Worlds -OR- Borderlands 3 w/ select AMD Ryzen CPUs
Motherboard
Gigabyte B450 AORUS ELITE: DDR4, USB 3.1 - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
Power Supply
CORSAIR TxM 550w one
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster MasterLiquid Lite 120 High Performance Liquid Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
BullGuard™ Internet Security - Free 90 Day License inc. Gamer Mode
Browser
Microsoft® Edge (Windows 10 Only)
Cable Management
PCS 1.5M Zip Cable Tidy - Professional Cable Management
Warranty
3 Year Silver Warranty (1 year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 10 to 12 working days
Promotional Item
Get 3 Months of XBOX Game Pass for PC w/ select AMD Ryzen CPUs

markh

Bronze Level Poster
I would honestly go with Oussebon's spec posted earlier in the thread. Definitely get an M.2 SSD for the operating system. The Seagate drive is a good choice for storing games but you'll notice a huge speedup with an SSD for the operating system. Oussebon's spec is a more balanced system overall.

I would honestly go with Oussebon's spec posted earlier in the thread. Definitely get an M.2 SSD for the operating system. The Seagate drive is a good choice for storing games but you'll notice a huge speedup with an SSD for the operating system. Oussebon's spec is a more balanced system overall.
I went for the 2600x CPU instead, same motherboard as I have posted, 3000mhz ram, 2060 super, no ssd unfortunately and better CPU cooling.

I went for the 2600x CPU instead, same motherboard as I have posted, 3000mhz ram, 2060 super, no ssd unfortunately and better CPU cooling.
I just looked and I can bring the 2060 super down to a 2060 and get 52 pound. I can upgrade ram to 3200hz and get an SSD if I do that. What do you recommend?

markh

Bronze Level Poster
RTX 2060 with a Ryzen 2600x, 16GB 3200hz RAM and an SSD sounds like a great build to me, and would support your monitor upgrade for further down the line.

(3000hz RAM would be fine too according to Oussebon, it is known that AMD CPUs benefit from faster RAM though so 3200 is probably what I'd choose, it's not much more expensive if I remember rightly)

RTX 2060 with a Ryzen 2600x, 16GB 3200hz RAM and an SSD sounds like a great build to me, and would support your monitor upgrade for further down the line.

(3000hz RAM would be fine too according to Oussebon, it is known that AMD CPUs benefit from faster RAM though so 3200 is probably what I'd choose, it's not much more expensive if I remember rightly)
What I did was change the 2tb hdd to a 500gb ssd and kept the 2060 super.

markh

Bronze Level Poster
up to you. depends if you think 500GB is enough storage for your games. bear in mind the RTX 2060 Super is basically the RTX 2070, so you might be overspending relative to what you need it to do. 2070 is a serious gaming / deep learning card

Luckily enough I have an external 2tb drive so if I'm desperate l use it. I'm coming from ps4 so it's probably gonna be a massive improvement