Didn't select an OS for my 5900x/3090 order.

Calibos

Bronze Level Poster
I didn't select Win10 for my build because I already own an unused Home Licence/key. Given PCS need to install Win10 to test and validate the system and I assume they use the latest version with the most recent updates at the time of building, can I save myself a lot of time with Windows updating during install by simply not re-installing at all and simply entering my Home Key into the 'Test' PCS install??

ColEyt

Gold Level Poster
No, I think there have been a few threads on here asking the same, and the answer has always been no, you need to do a full clean install using the media creation tool

D

Deleted member 17413

The version of Windows used to test builds is not the same as a commercial release one, trying to activate it and use it will nearly always lead to problems.

If you have a product key for it already, or copy you can transfer/upgrade to win 10 via your microsoft account for example, you just need to create yourself a Boot USB using Media Creation Tool and install Windows fresh.
Install any chipset drivers, then run windows update repeatedly and follow reboots.
Once its telling you theres no more, reboot and check again to make sure. Then do your graphics card drivers.
If you want to ensure a clean install of those you can use DDU first and then install latest from manufacturer.

That gives you a clean base, worth saving a restore point here, then install any software like iCue or armory crate or GPU software that might come with the card etc,

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
We STRONGLY advise against it. Many users have reported all sorts of niggles after activating this testing system. In any case, with a brand new system, wouldn't you want to install your own copy so that you know exactly what you have?