Difference between modes when on battery or not, custom modes ?

StaLeg

Before beggining this thread i apologize if any of the informations i'm looking for is already disponible somewhere but i don't find the search option very efficiently on PCS Forums :|

I just bought a Ionico 15' and i dont understand several things:

- While i'm on the same mode (Office or Gaming for example) and on the battery, i can launch whatever i want (including games) and the fans won't work that much. And if i am on charge then it's an other computer, the fans start working louder. What controls that ? I mean, i would like to be able to play normally on the battery even if it's for 30mn, how can i do that ?
- Second, while under Gaming mode, it doesn't matter if i play a light game (CSGO for example) or a recent one (GTA V for example), the fans will work at 85% because the temperature of both processor and GPU will climb to ~80°. How is it possible to have the same temperatures on such different games ? Maybe i'm missing something... I mean, CS doesn't need as much resources as GTA or Cyberpunk... It always climb to ~80 degrees whatever game i play, is that normal ?

Is it controlable ? I already tried several times to modify the specs in the Control Center but exept controlling manually the fans nothing seems to be controlable.

Any informations would be greatly appreciated ! Thanks

Last edited:

ChrisCasty

Silver Level Poster
- Second, while under Gaming mode...
Let's talk about that: got my Elimina Pro wednesday (i7 10750h + 3060 130w), i'm testing it with Fifa 21, in my mind it's a pretty light game, isn't it?
In game mode i was able to reach 130-140 fps (grapichs set to ultra), getting your same temps, more or less: CPU 80° and GPU 70° max.
Then i tried Office Mode with PL1 PL2= 20 and got same performance but temps dropped! Got around 130 fps but CPU and GPU worked at 65° and 55° at their max, really great for long sessions

Could be a solution for your light gaming experience?
(Sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:)

StaLeg

@ChrisCasty Thank you for your answer. But unfortunately no :) Games have slowdowns under Office Mode. But even if it worked, i would like to be able to understand how those modes work and custom them, it is really strange to me.
(Sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:)
Don't worry i understood everything :) (even though i'm French)

ChrisCasty

Silver Level Poster
Games have slowdowns under Office Mode.
Yes, because Whisper Mode is set to 30fps! Change it to the maximum (in "balance" you are able to set 120 fps)

And not under battery, give a try while charging

EDIT: @Macco26 just made a video about your laptop and how to optimize it, you can find it looking for "TheMacco26" on YT

Last edited:

StaLeg

I tried to modify the FPS but nothing seems to change, i still have those huges slowdowns...
I just don't understand why CS need as much resources as GTA...