Difference in Wi-Fi broadband speeds

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just checking my wi-fi speeds earlier & noticed quiet a difference between the laptop and phone as can be seen by the pictures below

1613234803789.png

Laptop

1613235093645.png

Phone

Any thoughts anyone, they were only a couple of foot apart when tested

Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Laptop Specification

Chassis & Display Cosmos Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz 45% NTSC LED Widescreen (1920x1080)

Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Six Core Processor 10750H (2.6GHz, 5GHz Turbo)

Memory (RAM) 16GB Corsair 2666MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 8GB)

Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1650 Ti - 4.0GB GDDR5 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1

1st Storage Drive 512GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)

1st M.2 SSD Drive

NONE 1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)

External DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 8x Slim USB 2.0 External DVD-RW

Memory Card Reader Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC / RSMMC)

AC Adaptor 1 x 120W AC Adaptor

Power Cable

1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable

Battery

Cosmos Series Integrated 4 Cell Lithium Ion Battery

Thermal Paste

STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING

Sound Card

2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema

Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & KILLER™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 M.2 GAMING + BLUETOOTH 5.0

USB/Thunderbolt Options 1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 1 x USB 3.2 PORT + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT

Keyboard Language 15" COSMOS SERIES UK KEYBOARD

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00001]

Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language

Windows Recovery Media Windows 10 Multi-Language Recovery Image - Unlimited Downloads from Online Account

Notebook Mouse INTEGRATED 2 BUTTON TOUCHPAD MOUSE

Webcam INTEGRATED 1MP HD WEBCAM

Warranty 3 Year Silver Warranty (1 Year Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)

I would normally say its your phone has wifi 6 but looks like your laptop has as well..... (of course you'll need a wifi 6 router to make the most of it)

Have you checked your router settings to see what channel each device is using?

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I would normally say its your phone has wifi 6 but looks like your laptop has as well..... (of course you'll need a wifi router to make the most of it)

Have you checked your router settings to see what channel each device is using?
They are both running on channel 44

Driver's all up to date?

Other than that, that's all the wi-fi knowledge i have :ROFLMAO:. Making sure your using 5ghz normally solves most peoples problems

it was a new laptop back the tail end of last year 😂
That was the joke :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Whats your normal speeds? It's rare to see your phones wifi speeds pretty much keeping up with you ethernet speeds (on PC)

For reference my wifi speeds before i went to 900Mb internet where about 60% of the speed i would get using a cable.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Just downloaded & installed the killer control center, which includes all the latest drivers, might whip the back off tomorrow just to check antenna connections etc

Thanks for the suggestions guys

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Just downloaded & installed the killer control center, which includes all the latest drivers, might whip the back off tomorrow just to check antenna connections etc

Thanks for the suggestions guys
Once you've installed the driver, uninstall the killer suite as it's known to cause issues.

Intel bought Killer not that long ago, so it's using Intel chipsets.

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I wish I had Internet speeds like these. God I hate this forum - makes me more depressed than anything. I’m still in a part of Ireland where people think Broadband is the stretchy bit of sweatpants.

it’s been great lurking around these threads though - loads of great advice and solutions to keep in mind in case I have trouble when my own PC gets here. 👍