Difference in Wi-Fi broadband speeds

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Ok, there is more to this, think it might be a flaky card as earlier this evening I lost all connection to the network, reset the network on the laptop, it connected then cut out again, rebooted, still no good, checked in device management, yellow triangle and failed to start message on the killer, disabled it, the re-enabled it & it connected, but still very slow compared to the phone (about half the speed), I'll check inside the laptop in the morning

Bhuna50

Author Level
Aye - check the aerials...best not show you my speeds.....oh ok then I will. :) ;)

1614120623749.png

Will admit - had to go into the same room as the router for that as house is double brick walled :D

Bhuna50

Author Level
Absolutely - I was most surprised I got the 650, when I was told that at the moment I was on M500 as 600 wasnt available yet in my area LOL...

NoddyPirate

Grand Master
I've just been upgraded.... from 33 to 50... and that made a massive improvement!
That reminds me.....

Many years ago my Father was harrassing his service provider because he had paid for 2MB Broadband put was only getting speeds in the region of 700k at most - less than 40% of what he was paying for. After the usual round on the phone of "turn it off and on again" the Customer Service guys final recommendation?

"If you drop down to the 1MB package, then your speed would increase to 70% of what you're paying for."

I'll never forget his face! 🧐 :oops:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
well that's more like it, took the back off and one antenna cable came off just by touching it, the other one was on firmly, so reattached the loose one and put the back back on, fired it up and still no difference so took the back off again and completely removed the card and put it back in, put the back back on and then retested, the result is in the screenshot

1614169844071.png

Bhuna50

Author Level
well that's more like it, took the back off and one antenna cable came off just by touching it, the other one was on firmly, so reattached the loose one and put the back back on, fired it up and still no difference so took the back off again and completely removed the card and put it back in, put the back back on and then retested, the result is in the screenshot

View attachment 22780

So is that deemed ok/quick is it - seems slow to me [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Glad you sorted it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine

View attachment 22780
That’s much betterer!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
yeah was careful with it, used just the fine brush and used the low power setting from a distance, that things amazing
They're so handy for the long term... expensive, but after a few years you realise how much effort and money you've saved on buying those shocking compressed air cans.