Differences between......

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
Lightroom 5 and Corel PaintShop Pro X6?

If I can't put CS3 on my pc when I get it I won't have any software for processing photos with.

I don't want Gimp before any one asks.

mishra

Rising Star
There is only one winner here: Lightroom
Don't ask me about differences because I do not know any, but most photography related people I know are using Lightroom / Photoshop.

DaelpixPhotos

Super Star
I need a program where I can stitch photos together and if it features a good HDR 'element' to it, I'd love to know.

I've read the X6 has one but I don't know how good it is.

mishra

Rising Star
I think from personal experience is that whoever used Lightroom for a longer time they will not jump into another product regardless of how good it is. As most photos library will already be done in Lightroom, so going with other product is like re-doing all your pictures all from the beginning... is just not going to happen. Especially since Lightroom is so amazing so far. If you are starting thought, you may want to experiment with other products I'm sure they will be really good to work with too.

My father is using Olympus Photo Suite and he swears is the best thing ever... well he is obviously wrong. Anyhow, give a try to other products but if you decide to go with Lightroom I assure you, you will not be disappointed. Mind you even the latest version still does not have full HDR built in. Most people use Photoshop plugins for HDR processing AFAIK, but I don't do HDR so can't tell for sure.

On a side note you should be able to install Photoshop CS3 on your new PC.