Disappearing Ryzen 5950X

Sirius2188

So Saturday gone I get told everything is allocated for my build, and should be built this week. Having heard nothing I thought I'd check, now I'm told that I have no processor allocated!! to say I am rather annoyed doesn't come close, does stock get bumped to other builds?

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
So Saturday gone I get told everything is allocated for my build, and should be built this week. Having heard nothing I thought I'd check, now I'm told that I have no processor allocated!! to say I am rather annoyed doesn't come close, does stock get bumped to other builds?
Yes, if a person who has been in the queue longer swaps out a part for something else that say has been allocated to you as someone who has more recently ordered, they'll take the part from your build and put it in the person who's been queuing longer.

This is from @Ghosthud here:

where he states: "As an example you could have a customer who has been waiting 40 working days with a standard 3080, it hasn’t shown up, they are informed that the STRIX has arrived, you could be someone who has ordered the STRIX and waited 25 working days and theoretically could have a viable build ready to go, but we would always give priority to the oldest order if they wish to make a change."

rajadd

Silver Level Poster
Yes, if a person who has been in the queue longer swaps out a part for something else that say has been allocated to you as someone who has more recently ordered, they'll take the part from your build and put it in the person who's been queuing longer.

This is from @Ghosthud here:

where he states: "As an example you could have a customer who has been waiting 40 working days with a standard 3080, it hasn’t shown up, they are informed that the STRIX has arrived, you could be someone who has ordered the STRIX and waited 25 working days and theoretically could have a viable build ready to go, but we would always give priority to the oldest order if they wish to make a change."
Sounds fair to me!