Display Port monitors

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Hi guys,

I'm looking for some relatively portable (the smaller the better, IE <19") monitors that provide Display port out.

Any ideas? Muchos appreciato!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
And with that Mr JRB you have reminded to go and find out what the hell DP does, because my card has 3 of the beggars :)

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
Well I was trying to access BIOS of a PC today to change the boot up times and for some bonkers reason it wasn't outputting via VGA until it reached Windows. It's like... why bother having a VGA port :/

I know display port works as I built it using a display port monitor. I could probably try and see if DVI works (probably will do tbh). I wonder if there is a way of disabling/enabling VGA ports in BIOS - maybe there's a setting.

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
I use display port on two of my monitors but its compatible with conversion to all other forms of connection so i use one with DP to DVI. No notciable difference with quality or anything at 1080 and 1050

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Acer-V196WLbmd-inch-LED-Monitor/dp/B00BX9JKL2

Hmm, one site says this monitor has displayport and none of the others do...

Thanks! Yeah I've noticed DisplayPort is very poorly advertised when you think that the vast majority of GPUs are now shipped with DP as standard. It seems to be only DVI/HDMI or VGA that are advertised - it's annoying!