Display Port not working

Hi,

Just receive my build this weekend. Love it!

However, when connecting via DP to my monitor I am not getting a signal. It works fine through HDMI, although I prefer DP.

I used the DP cable with other laptops on the same monitor and it worked fine.

Am I missing a driver or something?

Any advice is appreciated.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

Just receive my build this weekend. Love it!

However, when connecting via DP to my monitor I am not getting a signal. It works fine through HDMI, although I prefer DP.

I used the DP cable with other laptops on the same monitor and it worked fine.

Am I missing a driver or something?

Any advice is appreciated.
Are you using the display port on the gpu and not the motherboard?

Have you verified the monitor is on the DP input channel? It may not be set to autoswitch.

I am connecting via the GPU as advised via email and on the instructions - there seems to be 3 DP slots and 1 HDMI slot - I have tried the DP in each of the DP slots and I go to DP input on the monitor and it says no signal

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am connecting via the GPU as advised via email and on the instructions - there seems to be 3 DP slots and 1 HDMI slot - I have tried the DP in each of the DP slots and I go to DP input on the monitor and it says no signal
What monitor is it, what make and model?

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
As this monitor has a very high refresh rate it may not be locking to the 60Hz output which AMI is restricted by, as HDMI forces the monitor to a lower Hz it should work on this but you lose your high refresh rate.

Although you may not get display on boot with DP it should work fine once it gets into Windows. Is it not displaying anything?

As an idea, when connected via DP check your monitor settings using the OSD and see if there is a way to manually reduce the refresh rate (to bring up the monitor) and then increase it in Windows and see if it behaves itself.

IF this yields no results there could be an issue with the DP output on the card.