Display problem ;_;

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
So, sorry for bothering you guys but I need some help D:

I got back from England with the PC... I have a little problem... I only have a VGA monitor here and I would like to select that as a primary display. I am now typing from this PC but while on HDMI (1024x768) on another monitor. I came back from England where I used a HDMI monitor. Seems like the GPU doesn't have a VGA entry but the motherboard does... Set the resolution to non-hd and nothing, it won't recognise the VGA monitor. The monitor isn't faulty, Tried on my other old PC and it worked :/

Please halphalp?

Last edited:

steveuk87

Super Star
have you unplugged the hdmi and restarted the pc with the vga plugged in? sorry for such a noob answer!!

Steve

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
hmmmm weird.. it should auto-recognise the monitor

Steve

Yeah, I was thinking the same... I can't even see the windows booting up on it...
Heard that the GPU had some kind of DVI to VGA adaptor (which therefore I could connect to my GPU) but I didn't receive it :/

steveuk87

Super Star
yeah there are dvi-vga adaptoers but there are 3 kinds of dvi ports... a/b/c lol so if ur gna buy one u need to know which 1 to get :)

Steve

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
yeah there are dvi-vga adaptoers but there are 3 kinds of dvi ports... a/b/c lol so if ur gna buy one u need to know which 1 to get :)

Steve

Well in that case I'm screwed :<
Let's wait for another responses maybe someone can come with another suggestion... ;_;

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
haha why u screwed can you not get it shipped to where you live?

Steve

Yeh sure I can... I can buy it from here for like 2 pounds, no problem. But I'm leaving tomorrow for a month at my grandparents and will only take my PS3... Wanted to play a little now ( :< ) but if I don't get a solution, maybe I'll ask on some other forums next month and/or buy that adaptor when I get back...

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like you're trying to use the integrated VGA port on the motherboard, but the display is coming through the graphics card, which only has HDMI/DVI. In this case, you cannot use the VGA port and will need to buy a DVI to VGA adapter or temporarily remove/disable your graphics card and use the integrated graphics until you obtain a DVI/HDMI monitor.

Most monitors use DVI or HDMI now and as time goes on less graphics cards are supporting VGA connections.

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
Thanks a bunch, guys. Will buy the adaptor when I get back, no need for it now anymore q:

Zeplini

i can get you some dvi adaptors sent out in the morning so should be here for when you get back, pm me to let us know what to do Mirc34 ;) with your order number.

its more than likely the pc was tested that way so should work ok, what monitor is it? have you a model number? and will try look into it for when you get back ;)

MiRc34

Silver Level Poster
i can get you some dvi adaptors sent out in the morning so should be here for when you get back, pm me to let us know what to do Mirc34 ;) with your order number.

its more than likely the pc was tested that way so should work ok, what monitor is it? have you a model number? and will try look into it for when you get back ;)

Thanks. The monitor is a ACER AL1711. No need to send a DVI adaptor, man. I can get one for like 2 pounds. Thanks tho.