Division 2

mishra

Rising Star
Hey up guys?
So who's playing this game. I have to be honest, Division 1 did not really win my heart and I've quickly moved to different games. However, Division 2 is a totally different kind of fish. I actually really, really like it. I wonder if one of the reason I didn't get hooked on Division 1 was that there were other games to play? A bit regret it now, but hey that's in the past... it's all about the Division 2 now!

I'm still early in game (puny lvl 10) but oh man, what a nice game it is. There is honestly very little in this game that I don't like so far. It's a beautifully created and very immersive world. Absolute tons of gear, smart AI when you engage (with all the flanking and stuff). It's not just point and shoot. A very nice promise of endgame - with strongholds and increasing difficulty levels. On top of that it seems to run extremely well on even mediocre hardware, which is super nice. My RX580 get stable 60fps on High settings (tried Ultra too but didn't see any difference in quality so reverted back to High)

I got the game free so it's obviously a fantastic value. I'm unsure how much it currently is. It seems however to be the kind of game with tons of re-play ability options due to increasing difficulties (kind of like Torment levels in Diablo 3).

Yes, I know i tend to hype myself always too much and after a while, novelty wears of - looking at you Anthem! ;) Oh well, I think it's worth checking it out...

Last edited:

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I played the open beta. It behaved well on my 970 at high settings.

The Division (1) put me off it entirely by the enforced coop.

I enjoyed the Division 2 a lot more in terms of the early missions and activities, but the controls felt extremely fiddly / unresponsive when dealing with cover... which given how big a part of the game it is rather sank the experience for me.

While playable single player, unlike the first one, it really felt intended for coop and that there was a lot missing in terms of being able to respond to / engage with the AI properly without teammates. And I'm just not interested in 4-player coop shooters.

I found the controls a lot more intuitive and responsive in Anthem, though I wouldn't buy that either in it's current state anyway.

mishra

Rising Star
Interesting, so far I am Billy no mates and I just play solo (I am an the odd one, who enjoys reading all texts, dialogues, lore and such). I figured that co-op/multiplayer will really kick-in once I hit max lvl.

polycrac

Rising Star
I'm not a fan of coop so kept clear of the first one, sounds like the second might be worth a look.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
I've smashed the initial story up to LvL 30 solo except the first (beta) mission. I'm now squadding up in WT2.

My thoughts are its a very good game, much improved on the first!

mishra

Rising Star
Hmm, should I get to lvl 30 as quickly as possible to enjoy endgame or should I keep exploring all question marks, side quests, undergrounds and such? Don't want to miss on the real fun of endgame (or delay it for too long, if you know what I mean)

For example Diablo 3 story sucked, and it was all about "endgame" (well sort of), where Witcher 3 was basically all about doing all side stuff and just taking the story and explore the worldl. I haven't quite figure out what Division 2 is. Youtube seems to show an excellent promise of an endgame but to enjoy it you need to hit lvl 30.

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm, should I get to lvl 30 as quickly as possible to enjoy endgame or should I keep exploring all question marks, side quests, undergrounds and such? Don't want to miss on the real fun of endgame (or delay it for too long, if you know what I mean)

For example Diablo 3 story sucked, and it was all about "endgame" (well sort of), where Witcher 3 was basically all about doing all side stuff and just taking the story and explore the worldl. I haven't quite figure out what Division 2 is. Youtube seems to show an excellent promise of an endgame but to enjoy it you need to hit lvl 30.

If you have a squad to join then I would push for endgame but if not then I would take your time. My major suggestion is if you start feeling the games a bit meh because you are easter egg hunting or going crazy on the projects then push endgame as its such a game changer. Its like the game takes it up a notch.

I hit World Tier IV on Saturday and now I'm max gear score waiting for the last stronghold to be released. Next stop the Hunter's Masks!