DLSS

Ash_

Master Poster
So i don't really use DLSS - as i always turn RTX off, but this benchmark shows how insane DLSS is...

1616961419212.png

Does anyone know any titles that actually utilise DLSS?

barlew

Godlike
Sooo I know a lot of people rave about DLSS but I am really not a fan. I tried using it in CyberPunk and I just found that although yes it looked good and mega increased framerates, when you look closely it actually looks really bad. I prefer to turn the settings down and DLSS off.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
DLSS is quickly becoming a standard.

AMD are working on their own version as well. It won't be long before it's a default set in game settings. The benefits these days are obvious, with very few downsides. Games like Control are EXPECTED to be run with DLSS.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Sooo I know a lot of people rave about DLSS but I am really not a fan. I tried using it in CyberPunk and I just found that although yes it looked good and mega increased framerates, when you look closely it actually looks really bad. I prefer to turn the settings down and DLSS off.
I would say that's more to do with Cyberpunks implementation of it rather than DLSS itself. Pure guesswork of course, but Cyberpunk is just riddled with holes everywhere.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
This is very true. Ill try it out on something else tommorow.
What GPU do you have? I would always say Control is a great benchmark as well as a fun game. But for really testing the boundaries of RTX effects, that's the one to try I would say.

Just had a look and it's still quite expensive at around £22 - 24, perhaps wait for a sale.

barlew

Godlike
What GPU do you have? I would always say Control is a great benchmark as well as a fun game. But for really testing the boundaries of RTX effects, that's the one to try I would say.

Just had a look and it's still quite expensive at around £22 - 24, perhaps wait for a sale.
RTX 2070 Super. I'll get a copy of control and give it a go! Thanks for the advice.

Ash_

Master Poster
I have never messed around with it, so i can only assume i am not using it. Although i don’t play many games, that are likely to benefit from it.

Ash_

Master Poster
Looks like DLSS has reached Warzone... this is going to be interesting. Especially given what they are showing the fps as, at 4K Ultra with a 3060ti...

1619354656761.png

barlew

Godlike
So @SpyderTracks you were bang on. I have been playing Black Ops cold war with DLSS enabled for the last week and it is the future of gaming. I have just started playing Cyberpunk this evening and switched DLSS on and it looked absolutely dreadful straight away. It must be a terrible implementation.

loso64

So @SpyderTracks you were bang on. I have been playing Black Ops cold war with DLSS enabled for the last week and it is the future of gaming. I have just started playing Cyberpunk this evening and switched DLSS on and it looked absolutely dreadful straight away. It must be a terrible implementation.
DLSS is the future of gaming, also means hardware will be able to last you longer thanks to that function. Hopefully with time the implementations get better and better

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
That’s really interesting, thanks for clarifying. I’m sure it will be a later area that cd project red focus on once they’ve got the more considerable bugs out of the way (I hope).
I know they’ve made a lot of money on sales despite everything but the resources they’re having to throw at correcting the early mistakes must be costing a fortune.

loso64

every time i see videos like this i am more and more impressed about the tech and the future of gaming :) Especially for those who are not insane in the head like me to spent 5-6k on a pc :D As this system allows even mid range games to play to super high graphic fidelity