do i need to UPDATE bios ... FAN problem Votex IV !!

u2l

hi guys. i ordered my vortex IV few months ago. some how now even on idle my fan is blasting at full speed and i cant turn it down.. so far it seem there arent a real solution to it that i know of. my GPU temp is 40 degree. CPU each 37-32 on idle... Full speed fan while idling is abit too much for me to handle.... would a BIOS update make it better? . my current BIOS is american megatrend 6/26/2013... this fan noise is driver me crazy T T.

edit: after a completely shut down laptop for 10 mins. the problem seem to be fixed... will see if it comes back though

Last edited:

u2l

yep. iv tried to fn 1 . when the problem occur there is nothing to stop it exept from completely shut down the laptop it seem... iv been having minor problem with the fan since i bought this laptop... it seems like it could be quieter... i havent seen any program to control the fan in anyway. while this topic is still new. are there any way to control votex IV fan at all ?

SmokeDarKnight

Author Level
Not through default. Although there may be fan control thorugh the GPU software. I know with AMD there is a fan control in the overdrive section. Perhaps its stuck on High, i cant comment on Nvidia Drivers though sorry as i have no experience with them yet.

If that doesn't helpi would give PCS a call to discuss this one while its still under warranty, they might be able to advise you better if they have come across this before

u2l

Not through default. Although there may be fan control thorugh the GPU software. I know with AMD there is a fan control in the overdrive section. Perhaps its stuck on High, i cant comment on Nvidia Drivers though sorry as i have no experience with them yet.

If that doesn't helpi would give PCS a call to discuss this one while its still under warranty, they might be able to advise you better if they have come across this before

kk... ill see what they say. the problem seem to be that when fan is blasting at full speed. it just stay that way .... even i restart pc and idle for 10 mins. fan still full speed and FN+1 does nothing.. it only goes away if i shut down laptop..