Docking Stations

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi all

A lot of people enquire about suitable docking stations.

In the past it's been a bit of a minefield with Thunderbolt 3 vs USB C, and it's been fairly complicated getting something suitable.

The new Thunderbolt 4 / USB 4 SHOULD hopefully simplify things substantially. This new port combines thunderbolt and USB to one standard port.

AFAIK, all new laptops will have USB 4.

This is a new dock by Brydge. For those that don't know, they started out making some of the best modular keyboards for the iPad, and have just expanded into docks.

This one looks seriously promising.

And there's a really good review by XDA Developers here who've used it for a month:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you've got a current device like the Ionico or Valeon and want a USB C (USB 3.2), then a lot of people have had success with this one:

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Looks like another one to add to my list (for my Mac Studio)…along with the Caldigit TS4
Does look rather good. I had one of the original Brydge iPad Pro keyboards and it was absolutely superb, build quality was second to none, far better than the Apple or Logitech options, so I'm really hopeful about this.

Aza

Rising Star
Hi all

A lot of people enquire about suitable docking stations.

In the past it's been a bit of a minefield with Thunderbolt 3 vs USB C, and it's been fairly complicated getting something suitable.

The new Thunderbolt 4 / USB 4 SHOULD hopefully simplify things substantially. This new port combines thunderbolt and USB to one standard port.

AFAIK, all new laptops will have USB 4.

This is a new dock by Brydge. For those that don't know, they started out making some of the best modular keyboards for the iPad, and have just expanded into docks.

This one looks seriously promising.

And there's a really good review by XDA Developers here who've used it for a month:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you've got a current device like the Ionico or Valeon and want a USB C (USB 3.2), then a lot of people have had success with this one:

I think you just found my others halfs xmas present....

I dont tend to have a lot of extra devices to plug in, the system I have has more than enough ports for what I do, but he has more gadgets than you can shake a stick at and all with a variety of connection port types.... this would be excellent for replacing about 3 different adaptors/ports and rolling it into one.