Does anyone know...

markyb

Does anyone know much about the error 1335/2350 cabinet.dat? I seem to have issues installing software/games from CD. I have done a little research and it looks to be related to the windows installer/.net framework. I have all my drivers up to date so i'm wondering whats going on and how to fix it? For examble I get the error during installation of Crysis - "1335 error, object - cabnet.dat, there could be a problem with your network, cd drive etc.." after clicking ignore a few times it comes up with the 2350 error and it doesn't finish the installation. I've had this problem when installing my blu-ray software but it was able to skip past the problem when i clicked ignore and installed the rest. Any ideas guys?.. I'd kinda like to test out my graphics card :p

Gorman

Author Level
Hi Markyb,

The error is describing a fault copying the data from the cd / dvd as you suspect. This is most likely due to a fault with either the optical drive itself or memory. Best to give us a call on 0844 499 4000.

markyb

Seriously? I've had so many troubles with my computer since receiving it, ever since I switched the on button it's been non-stop issues.. I've installed windows I dont know how many times.. I know many other people have had it worse, but it's really starting to grate. Cheers for the info, i'll give you guys a call soon.