Does Crypto mining void your warranty???

WesEd

Hi All,

I am new here so please be nice :) I have looked through a lot of these forums and I cant seem to see anything stating about mining voiding your warranty.

I have looked through the Warranty policy online and I haven't come across anything stating it would. I had the standard warranty when I bought my PC.

I bought my PC around 6 months ago and was looking to make some extra cash.

Thanks in advance

Wes

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi All,

I am new here so please be nice :) I have looked through a lot of these forums and I cant seem to see anything stating about mining voiding your warranty.

I have looked through the Warranty policy online and I haven't come across anything stating it would. I had the standard warranty when I bought my PC.

Thanks in advance

Wes
The use case doesn't affect anything, only if you damage the hardware through overclocking or upgrades you do yourself or something similar.

It is against the warranty terms to overclock your GPU, but you can overclock your CPU so long as you don't do any damage to it.

But mining is fine, no issues there.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Hi All,

Thanks in advance

Wes
Whilst mining itself wouldn’t necessarily void your warranty, the added stress it’d put on your card would potentially make it fall foul of the ‘fair wear and tear’ policy in the terms and conditions, should it suffer a catastrophic failure:

This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party (e.g. not using a surge protector), use otherwise than as recommended by us or the manufacturer (e.g. in an unventilated / hot or dusty environment), failure to follow the manufacturer's instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without the manufacturer's approval.

It’s very unlikely mining would actually generate you any meaningful amount of money. The sheer amount of expenditure there’d be on your electricity bill would seriously offset any gains.