Does vortex IV 15.6" i7-4700MQ gtx 770m POWER issue

Miyata

Hi,

Something which has been bugging me for awhile is that my laptop does not want to work with sleep mode at all. It's as if it hates it. First of all, for a long time it was impossible to wake laptop up from sleep mode, and after 30 minutes or so of putting it into the sleep mode it would give me BSOD something regarding the power failure, and it would overheat dramatically, getting very hot and noisy. Now that doesn't happen ever, it does get quite hot and noisy when I would play high-end games, but it would work fine, no BSODs, it didn't even get that hot.

Now, I have fixed waking up from sleep mode issue, this is my post in another thread:

Nevermind, I believe I fixed it after hours of Googling and trial and erroring.

I checked powercfg -devicequery wake_armed and it was empty, tried using -deviceenable wake "name of device" but gave me crap about me not having permissions even though I ran it as admin, after some googling that's not how it works but I found out about power options in device manager for usb ports, basically in sleep mode it killed power to all of these ports so no wonder I couldn't switch it on. Now it works well.

However it still overheats and BSODs every single time it is in sleep mode for 30min or so. I don't put in the bag, don't close the screen - its just there on the table as usual, sleeping but after 30 minutes bam BSOD+overheating+noise.

How can I fix that, I tried a lot of things but I would like to hear your ideas, the ones besides trying to reinstall windows. I am running windows 7 64-bit.

Last edited:

moosEh

Administrator
Staff member
If your laptop is still overheating when on the power adapter you may want to give the support team a call on 0844 499 4000 as we may have to get it back and look at it.

Miyata

If your laptop is still overheating when on the power adapter you may want to give the support team a call on 0844 499 4000 as we may have to get it back and look at it.

It overheats in sleep mode. Doesn't matter if power adapter is connected or not. The important thing here SLEEP mode.

I can leave the laptop running high-end game on power brick for 2 days 24h and I doubt it would overheat and BSOD. Sleep mode is the problem.

And it is impossible for me to return this laptop even for a second, I need 24/7 pretty much. I am CS student, everything I do is on the laptop. I am sure this is not hardware issue, its configuration or something like that. Just need some ideas thrown at me what I could look at to fix this. Google ran out of suggestions for me. It is quite a specific thing to search for so I am not surprised.

One-Half

Open back cover and check if all screw on vga and cpu heatsink sit proply or not ,or maybe heatsink not sit proply on vga core or cpu core and there is gap betwen core and heatsink it can make your problem too or try reinstal windows