don't know much pls help with a few things

vinny

:D hi ok i got my new comp and it's gr8 just a few thing

1: if i use the settings that are already set up on my turbo v will it do any damage 2 my comp??????
2:internet explorer keeps comin up not responding and then re starts any ideas why or what i can do 2 stop this ?
3:i have never seen the top fan spin is there anyway or any download i can use 2 check that it does work all the others spin all the time .

i know i sound a bit of a computer noob !!!!!!!!:(
a bit more info i did transfer all my files and things from old comp could that be why internet ex keeps goin wrong....

thx 2 any 1 that helps ofc +rep 2 any 1 that does help and if my spellin is crap lol (i'm a bricklayer they only teach u how 2 swear and lay bricks)

Tez77

Enthusiast
a free app called speedfan should help u tell u whats going on and i cant type or spell lol may be away to check in bios but best ask staff on that one

Last edited:

Meds

Hey,

1) Turbo V will not damage the PC in anyway.

2) How often does IE fail to respond? Does this occur on any particular website of can it happen at any time?

3) Speed Fan is a good bit of software, or you could use HW Monitor - download here.

4) As Tez mentioned above VGA is an older connection and uses an analogue signal. DVI is newer and uses a digital signal - better quality - always use DVI if you have the choice.

5) If you're still struggling with your Fans & IE after trying suggestions from the forums, then give Tech Support a call - they will be more than happy to help out.

pengipete

Rising Star
Regarding the top fan:- can you tell us what motherboard and case you have - it's possible that the case simply has more fans than your board has connections for.

vinny

PCS MAELSTROM T900 BLACK GAMING CASE and ASUS® P7P55 LX: USB 2.0 & SATA 3.0Gb/s, CrossFireX™ SUPPORT and yea IE does this at any time thx for the help guys :)

downloaded HW monitor thx for the link btw only shows 3 fans not 4 comp is not hot in any way so np just would like it 2 work if it's there.

Last edited:

Meds

To be honest, I'd give our Tech Team a call when you're with your with your PC. They will talk you through getting the fan working - it might be something like a cable preventing it spinning. Are you running IE8 or the new IE9?

pengipete

Rising Star
That motherboard only has three fan headers - one for the CPU cooler, one for the rear fan and a PWR_FAN header intended for monitoring the spin-speed of the PSU's fan.

According to the manual, the PWR_FAN header actually uses the 3-pin standard - rotation, +12V and ground - so it should (if the manual is accurate) support any 3-pin fan (PWR_FAN header don't always provide power - only the "rotation" pin is actually connected). Also, according to the manual, the PWR_FAN header does not allow speed control - though I know that some Asus motherboards do so despite that message in the user-guide.