Downloading files from Google Drive and Google Docs

films&games

Enthusiast
Hi,

I have alot of files on both my Google Drive and in Google Docs. What is the best method to use download of the files that are my Google Drive, especially all of my files that are stored in Google Docs?

Ideally I would like to able to download all of my files as a zip file. I know this possible in Google Drive, but what about Google Docs?

Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated, please.

Thank you.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Download how / why? As a one-time backup copy of everything, or you mean for editing offline and re-syncing when you are next back online across multiple devices?

I don't have a google account logged in on PC to hand, but I thought the docs were saved in the google drive. Looks like they are on my android phone anyhow.

films&games

Enthusiast
Download how / why? As a one-time backup copy of everything, or you mean for editing offline and re-syncing when you are next back online across multiple devices?

I don't have a google account logged in on PC to hand, but I thought the docs were saved in the google drive. Looks like they are on my android phone anyhow.

Hi,

I would ideally like to do a one time backup of everything as I no longer need to edit the files.

Google Docs contains alot of doc and docx format files. Also there are a number of PDFs on Google Drive.

Thank you.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

I would ideally like to do a one time backup of everything as I no longer need to edit the files.

Google Docs contains alot of doc and docx format files. Also there are a number of PDFs on Google Drive.

Thank you.
So you just mark the folders or files you want to download and click download, there's no trick to it.

mishra

Rising Star
Google Takeout may be your solution here (https://takeout.google.com/)

You can download any data from the Google platform back to your PC using this Google tool. You can even schedule this if you want. Any Google formats, like Google Docs, Google Spreadsheets will just get converted to the format of your choice (one of the options you can select during the request).