DPD being impossible?

contraindicate

Hi, I don't know if this is the right place or if there's even any help anyone can give, but I've been struggling with DPD all week.

Desktop was dispatched from PCS on Monday, and I'd selected the Weekday Before 2pm option. 2pm Tuesday came and went, I start work at 3pm so I waited as long as I could without being late and then left for work, and used the DPD app to select Morning delivery on Wednesday, paying extra for it.

Wednesday I again waited in all morning for it, at 11.30am I got an update that my parcel was out for delivery and was 45 minutes away. I had to go to the pharmacy at the end of the street (5 mins walk) and I'd been putting it off all morning, so I figured 45 minutes, plenty of time to walk 5 minutes and be back. Nope. at 11.37 while I was walking back down the street the app suddenly changed from 30 minutes away with X number of stops before me to showing a photo of my doorway clearly taken from inside the vehicle very hurriedly and I literally watched the van pull away and drive past me as I stood outside my flat. I tried to phone DPD through the app but it only gave me automated options and no option to select to talk to a person. By the time I eventually got to speak to a human it had been another 15 minutes and I was informed that the van was now too far away to come back and it would be Thursday now.

I explained that it absolutely has to be before 2pm because I work and that leaving with a neighbor is not an option because they already steal my post, they would definitely steal an expensive PC. I was told that because it's the run up to Christmas things were difficult but they'd do their best. However today again, it has not even left the depot at 3pm.

I spoke to a different customer service person who called the depot and then told me that because it is a Franchise depot and not a regular DPD depot, they are apparently not bound by the usual DPD delivery slots and can just deliver whenever, even though they have been happy to take the payments for the scheduled delivery.

I asked about weekend delivery, and was told that the service person cannot find out if they can do weekend delivery (because they might not as they're a franchise) until approximately 3.30pm when the parcel is out for delivery. I didn't really understand why that question had to wait til it was out for delivery today, I already know I won't be home and it seemed silly to let them try to deliver it instead of just keeping it at the Depot but the lady said that's just the way they have to do it and sounded quite snippy.

So right now, I feel kind of at a loss of what to do. If they won't do weekend delivery, cannot commit to delivering before 2pm even when that option has been paid for twice, and apparently don't even get out of the van when luck strikes and it is out for delivery before 2pm, what do I do? The lady kept saying about picking it up from a collection point but I don't have a car and I imagine a desktop will be bulky and on the heavier side and I don't want to risk dropping it.

What do I do? Please help if you can, this franchise depot seems to be a shambles 😭

contraindicate

Okay slight update, thank you everyone for your advice so far!

I'm at work so hadn't been able to phone PCS yet, the customer service lady said she'd phone be back shortly after 3.30 when she'd spoken to the depot about not being able to deliver today but she hasn't.

I just got a call from the actual delivery driver this time saying he was at my flat and was I home, I explained I wasn't and that I'm sorry he wasn't informed by the customer service lady.

He asked when I'll be home from work and says that he'll make one last stop this evening if I can get home from work fairly quickly at 8pm and he'll come by then, seems like a really nice guy and doing me a favour.

I'm still probably gonna try and get the money for the upgraded delivery back since them offering it on the app but not doing it is ridiculous. I'll give PCS a call tomorrow just to make them aware of the issues with that depot incase there's future problems I think.

Paddy Baxter

Bronze Level Poster
Happy days! I had some issues with DPD collecting my parcel I stayed at home and they didn’t even come but I got a txt message saying collection had failed. I called PCS right away and the guy I was speaking to basically told me that they have continuous problems with DPD all the time but he got it sorted for me. Enjoy your new system!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Happy days! I had some issues with DPD collecting my parcel I stayed at home and they didn’t even come but I got a txt message saying collection had failed. I called PCS right away and the guy I was speaking to basically told me that they have continuous problems with DPD all the time but he got it sorted for me. Enjoy your new system!
Sending parcels I use Hermes, just drop it off and print label at local shop, in fact i dropped one off to go to PCS only this afternoon and it's already on its way