Driver irql not less or equal fault

snipes

Bronze Level Poster
Hi guys

So I received a replacement 2080ti, it was a used Zotac Blower version with only one fan. My gpu was the AMP version with the 3 cooling fans. I queried this with PCS and was told that Zotac should offer one of equivalent spec or better if not in stock.
PCS have kindly made the offer of a Palit rtx 2080ti Dual fan instead.

Wondering what people’s thoughts on this were? I’m not too familiar with Palit products but I know they don’t quite match up to the other third party 2080ti’s (even just by a few fps but still...)
I’m also concerned with having higher temperatures due to having less fans.
Should I hold out for one of equivalent spec or does this offer seem fair?

thanks.

stegor

Bright Spark
I've had both types. Generally the dual/triple fans make less noise (blowers make a whiny blowing noise like a vacuum cleaner) but the advantage of blowers is they blow the hot air straight out the back. For a 2080ti I would want fans rather than a blower though - it will sound like a 747 when stressed!

snipes

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks for the replies guys. Some good info there, much appreciated.

My pc has been out of action for months because of this problem so although I’m very eager to get it up and running again I think I’m entitled to a replacement of equal worth as Nursemorph said. I guess I’ll have to hold on.

Because of the current climate everything is moving very slowly which is totally understandable, it’d just be nice to get back to pc graphics. The Xbox is killing my eyes! Don’t think I can take much more of this visual punishment!!