Drives

ess1

I have a Vortex op Win 11 with two drives one SSD default and second size 1tb. I wish to change my default t the (D) 1tb one in order that my Trainz sim utilizes the SSD.

Assistance appreciated for this old 90 yr not out (boy!)

B4zookaw

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm a bit confused. I assume the SSD is your C drive and the 1TB HDD is your D drive, with windows installed on C. Where is Trainz Sim currently installed?

ess1

Thanks for prompt reply. I'm confused most of the time! The sim is installed on C, as my default, everything is. I would like just the sim to utilise potential of SSD. But drive will soon become full.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thanks for prompt reply. I'm confused most of the time! The sim is installed on C, as my default, everything is. I would like just the sim to utilise potential of SSD. But drive will soon become full.
Which drive is the SSD then, is it configured as the D drive?

If that's the case it would make far more sense to reinstall windows and make the SSD your C drive and then run the game off that, you would see far more performance improvement overall.

ess1

@SpyderTracks Thanks for prompt post.

My SSD is (C). I suppose I could move everything that is not appertaining game into my 1tb (D). Bit convoluted I respectfully suggest.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
@SpyderTracks Thanks for prompt post.

My SSD is (C). I suppose I could move everything that is not appertaining game into my 1tb (D). Bit convoluted I respectfully suggest.
Ok, so what's on your C drive then?

If any data is on there it should be on the D drive as that's generally not going to benefit from being on the SSD and will take up space.

If it's just programs and windows on C, there's nothing you can really do other than swap it for a larger drive.