Driving Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
What car were you driving? I learnt in a Fiesta which had the speedo etc. set back into the dash so that only the driver could see it. As a result the instructor / examiner had to rely on a sat nav, which my instructor told me never actually showed an accurate speed - it always said you were going slower than you actually were.

Audi A1 1.6L :D And it has the number in bold in the centre as well as the dial. I was looking at it regularly and was not 18

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Ah Wozz, why didnt you lead with that info.

You failed the test because he assumed you were an Audi driver, and as such automatically get 20mph added to your speed, so he actually failed you for going well over the 30 limit!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Some good news, I managed to get a cancellation test and now my test is in a months time and hopefully I can get an even earlier date

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Good luck second time Wozz!

WHEN you pass, i'd just pretend you passed first time...the other day was just a practice after all right? :D

lewishollings

Bright Spark
I managed to pass first time with 3 minors, unlucky on passing your test! Just aim on smashing the next one though, hopefully the nerves should settle a little more and I think passing your driving test depends on the people and other drivers around you too! On my test I saw a biker behind, made sure to watch him all the way down, and what do you know, fly's past and undertakes me on the dual, even as I indicated rather early, I was lucky I made sure to notice him to be fair! Hope to hear how your second test goes mate!

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Thanks guys, hopefully this time I won't be falsely accused of going too slow :p

Really want to just start driving now, I know I'm capable.

I'll let everyone know when I pass :)

gtxmonkey

Good luck with the retest wozza. Be alert but relaxed and positive. Are you having a lesson the hour before the test to warm up?

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Dude, you might wanna check the dates on the posts.

20-10-13, 12:13
being the most recent one before yours.

While necro-ing a thread isn't the capital offence on these forums that it is on some others, and while I'm sure Wozza appreciates your good wishes, it's probably a little pointless giving them at this stage :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Well can't remember all the details, but the test went smoothly and the instructor was much better. A few minors, but can't recall what they were for exactly as I don't have my results with me.

Well can't remember all the details, but the test went smoothly and the instructor was much better. A few minors, but can't recall what they were for exactly as I don't have my results with me.

Happy to hear it went smoothly albeit 3 years ago haha. I guess you don't remember but do you have any tips for the driving test?

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
Think the main thing for me was having to stay confident and avoid hesitating.

I'll also say you learn more in the few weeks after passing than you did while learning as you develop your own style and learn to drive completely independently.

Status
Not open for further replies.