Dry ice cooling solution, possible?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Do you deliver this, dry ice, in your liquid series or is it something I have to do myself :) ?
They'll put whatever you like as coolant.

Here's mine:

7cd64d603414d4377dcd38d4676ac8ca.jpg

pulse1009

im also waiting for 4th january and AM5, will order on that day it comes out, if its 4th or 6th :)
time will tell if prices on Zen 3 drops then Ill overclock a R9 3950 to its max, maybe dry rice cooling too... looking forward to AMD`s new platform.

We also get PCIe 5.0 and DDR5 with that new socket

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
im also waiting for 4th january and AM5, will order on that day it comes out, if its 4th or 6th :)
time will tell if prices on Zen 3 drops then Ill overclock a R9 3950 to its max, maybe dry rice cooling too... looking forward to AMD`s new platform.

We also get PCIe 5.0 and DDR5 with that new socket
Where is this dry ice idea coming from? You realise dry ice is a gas? This is the second time you've bought it up, first time I assumed you were joking but now not so sure.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Dry ice is just solid Carbon Dioxide. As it warms it will evaporate and become a gas. You would then need a solution to create or supply more. CO2 is heavier than air and toxic in high concentrations. You can also get serious cold burns if you handle it incorrectly. Things will get very wet, as all the moisture in the air will freeze and create a hard coating of ice, which will make everything wet when it melts.

barlew

Godlike
Dry ice is just solid Carbon Dioxide. As it warms it will evaporate and become a gas. You would then need a solution to create or supply more. CO2 is heavier than air and toxic in high concentrations. You can also get serious cold burns if you handle it incorrectly. Things will get very wet, as all the moisture in the air will freeze and create a hard coating of ice, which will make everything wet when it melts.
Well you learn somthing new everyday.

Bigfoot

Grand Master
Well you learn somthing new everyday.
The ‘smoke’ seen from dry ice at concerts is effectively fog caused by moisture being condensed by the very cold CO2 sublimating. Any really cold fluid can cause a lot of ice. The pipe work and valves on LNG / LPG carriers gets quite a thick coating of hard white ice when loading / unloading, even in the Middle East, due to airborne moisture freezing.