Dual Monitor Help

Nicko100

Hello everyone, i am about to replace my pc with a new build conatining a 3060ti and thought i would also get a new monitor to take advantage of this cards capabilities. I currently have a 1080p 144HZ monitor that i would like to use as a second monitor. I am interested in getting a 1440p 240hz monitor as a main, but im not sure on what model i should go for. I also have heard that HZ can be bottlenecked by the refreshrate of the second monitor on Nvidia cards, and wanted to know if this was true. If so, is there a way around it, or worth just saving money and going for a 144hz 1440p? Any reccomendations and help appreciated, thanks in advance.

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
For the 3060Ti I'd recommend going for a 1440p 140Hz as opposed to 240Hz unless you're planning on playing games with minimal graphic settings to hit the 200+ fps that would be needed

I just recently got my 3060Ti and I'm using a Samsung G5 and love it

I've personally got a 3 monitor set up, Samsung G5 1440p 144Hz monitor as the main and two Iiyama ProLites 1080p 60hz and I'm having no issues with HZ

Nicko100

For the 3060Ti I'd recommend going for a 1440p 140Hz as opposed to 240Hz unless you're planning on playing games with minimal graphic settings to hit the 200+ fps that would be needed

I just recently got my 3060Ti and I'm using a Samsung G5 and love it

I've personally got a 3 monitor set up, Samsung G5 1440p 144Hz monitor as the main and two Iiyama ProLites 1080p 60hz and I'm having no issues with HZ
Ahh okay Cheers, and thinking about the 240hz because i play quite a bit of CSGO so the frames wouldnt be an issue on that. Will look into the G5 for sure.

MrWilson

Godlike
Also worth pointing out that even if you have a 144hz monitor you will still be able to play CSGO with high frames if you turn off Adaptive Sync. You will have minute levels of tearing, but that will be offset by reduced input lag that is more important if playing competitvely. It won't quite be as smooth as having a 240hz monitor with G-Sync, but you're looking at a sizeable price increase to upgrade from 144hz to 240hz for just the one game.
The Samsung G5 is around £300 while the G7, the 240hz variant, will set you back around £550 at the moment.