Dual monitor setup

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hey! i was wondering this is my PC (https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/compu...tx-1660-1-tb-hdd-256-gb-ssd-10205579-pdt.html) and i was wondering if i can do dual monitor setup I have 1 HDMI cable and what DVI Cable i just don't know where the DVI port is
Also in settings it says no other monitor detected!
DVI is not supported anymore, it's very old!

And it would say no other monitor detected if it's not plugged in ;)

You'd either need a DVI to HDMI/DP adapter or a new monitor.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Something like one of these is what you will need (please note I have just picked the first option that came up on Amazon when searching just to show what was needed.....so no clue on the quality of all 3 parts I am about to list):

DVI to DisplayPort Cable

DVI to HDMI Cable

DVI-HDMI Adapter
You have to be careful with DVI-HDMI adapters like that one, that only supports 1080p just so you're aware, I'm sure that's fine but just in case you've got a higher resolution monitor.

It's generally better to get proper cables rather than adapters.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I didn't actually notice that.....just saw that it was an adapter. Thank you for pointing that out (y) It would seem, in this case, it would be fine as the OPs PC only has a 1660 GPU so would be running at 1080p. I do agree that a cable would be better though
It’s generally not a problem if adapting hdmi or DP to hdmi or DP, but with older connectors like DVI and certainly VGA, you can quite often get some quite misleading products, especially on amazon, just have to make sure it’s compatible with your needs.