Dual Rank? 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3600MHz (2 x 16GB)

PadForce

Bronze Level Poster
Afternoon all,

I placed an order yesterday with the above RAM in 2x 16GB config as opposed to 4x 8GB but cant see any information on the RAM selection section as to whether the 2x 16GB modules are Dual Rank or Single Rank.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

If Single Rank I suspect I will switch to 4x 8GB.

Many thanks,

Patrick

loso64

Afternoon all,

I placed an order yesterday with the above RAM in 2x 16GB config as opposed to 4x 8GB but cant see any information on the RAM selection section as to whether the 2x 16GB modules are Dual Rank or Single Rank.

Does anyone know the answer to this?

If Single Rank I suspect I will switch to 4x 8GB.

Many thanks,

Patrick
i have actually asked about this on support few weeks back. 16gb rams are dual rank, 8gb ones are single rank.
You are fine with either 4x8 or 2x16. Considering the speed i went myself for 2x16gb 3600

Also the 3600 are CL 18 and the 3200 are CL 16

loso64

also on a side note. While the latency of both sticks types are the same, cl16 3200 vs cl18 3600, you could most likely overclock the timing on the CL18 model down to CL16 while keeping the speed, which would result in the best performance.

If you wont be doing any overclocks, both ram option are pretty much the same, go for what is cheaper. 3600 might have very very slight advantage with infinite fabric (since you are worried about ranks, i suspect you are on AMD as that is where it makes difference)