Dual serial port PCI card

Cicero

I've just bought a new pc from PCS, with this motherboard ASUS® X99-A: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s

I'm looking for a dual serial port card, anyone know where I could find one?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I've just bought a new pc from PCS, with this motherboard ASUS® X99-A: ATX, HSW-E CPU, USB 3.0, SATA 6 GB/s

I'm looking for a dual serial port card, anyone know where I could find one?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Amazon do them.

RType23

Bronze Level Poster
Why waste a pci slot on serial? I've a Belkin UBS to serial, a dedicated Cisco USB rollover and when at home a Moxa uport 1410, which was £25 off ebay. I've used four belkin's off a usb hub before with no issues.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Why waste a pci slot on serial? I've a Belkin UBS to serial, a dedicated Cisco USB rollover and when at home a Moxa uport 1410, which was £25 off ebay. I've used four belkin's off a usb hub before with no issues.

I would also suggest this, StarTech do some excellent usb to serials, we use a lot for work, also BrainBoxes are very good but a lot more expensive.

In the old days if you plugged the USB into a different port by accident it would create a new serial port rather than mapping to the existing one, but if you search for "with port retention", that's been solved these days so isn't an issue anymore.

Cicero

Heh, I just find often that usb-serials have problems at times. Unplug/plug and it forgets, plug into a different usb port and it needs to reinstall drivers perhaps. It still happens to me, and it is annoying. Win7.

I dont have anything else in mind for the PCI slots, and I use serials ports on a daily basis. So figured I'd rather have something permanent.

Last edited: