DVI Problems

Skitch2

hey guys! Before i hassle PCS ill post here.
My new PC seems to run fine untill i try to play a game! The games start ok and i can get into the menues ( crysis 1 and Farcry 3) but as soon as the game loads a level the Dreaded DVI no signal pops up and the PC resets!
Any ideas would be cool.
i7 3930k 16gb ram GTX 680s SLI.
Cheers

steaky360

Few things to check:
1. Ensure your drivers are up to date.
2. Is the Nvidia Control panel showing the two 680s in SLi?
3. Try running 3d mark / something like that to see if that causes the same issue.
4. Try reseating the graphics cards.

Is it only those two games? Or is it occurring more regularly?

Just a few things to try (you may have tried a few of them already!).

Skitch2

hey dude i just had a breakthrough! I connected the second card to the monitor and disabled the first card and all works fine on the second card alone so there is an issue with the first 680! Ill get hold of PCS
thanks for the fast reply mate.

Skitch2

Tiz a wee bit frustrating as in windows all seemed fine and the games booted up all ok but as soon as any level loaded the Dvi input would fail and the pc reset. I have removed the sli bridge, switched off the pcie jumper for the first 680 and plugged in the second card to use as a single gpu. All is running ok but i need sli for my 3d so ill wait to see what PCS come up with. I would hate to send back the whole rig because of one card fail tho!

keynes

Multiverse Poster
Tiz a wee bit frustrating as in windows all seemed fine and the games booted up all ok but as soon as any level loaded the Dvi input would fail and the pc reset. I have removed the sli bridge, switched off the pcie jumper for the first 680 and plugged in the second card to use as a single gpu. All is running ok but i need sli for my 3d so ill wait to see what PCS come up with. I would hate to send back the whole rig because of one card fail tho!

Morning,
If you call PCS requesting an RMA you should get the option to send just the gpu back for a replacement.

steaky360

As Keynes suggested you should be able to request an RMA for just the graphics card. If you check your RMA page it should tell you if its an 'advanced replacement' or not too where they send a replacement out and you swap your old one at the door. Not sure though, either way its usually within a week to get a return unless PCS need to send it back to manufacturer. If that is the case then its still very quick.

Skitch2

yea thanks guys. I covered all options before hand and i have placed the "good" card on the top and the dodgy one below and sli them together. It all runs fine but i have noticed that the fan is not running on the dodgy one so i think its a deffo sendback lol

keynes

Multiverse Poster
yea thanks guys. I covered all options before hand and i have placed the "good" card on the top and the dodgy one below and sli them together. It all runs fine but i have noticed that the fan is not running on the dodgy one so i think its a deffo sendback lol
PCS should get it sorted for you pretty quick.
All is running ok but i need sli for my 3d
3d gaming?