Early reviews on Intel i7-11700k

Macco26

Expert
The only thing Intel is good at in the 2021 is actually stock availability.
They have products to sell. While AMD is in dire shortage.
Should AMD be able to offer as many CPUs as Intel, probably 10% of people would buy Intel, rest AMD this year. But that won't be the case sadly, because you can't find a Zen3 CPU anywhere, or at scalper prices..

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The only thing Intel is good at in the 2021 is actually stock availability.
They have products to sell. While AMD is in dire shortage.
Should AMD be able to offer as many CPUs as Intel, probably 10% of people would buy Intel, rest AMD this year. But that won't be the case sadly, because you can't find a Zen3 CPU anywhere, or at scalper prices..
Plenty of people getting their Ryzen 5000 PCs shipped at the moment. It’s only the 5900x and 5950x that are in shorter supply.

Intel will be no different though as they’re using the same Fab at TSMC.

Macco26

Expert
I am happy AMD CPU shortage is going to end.
But RKL-S is going to be produced at usual 14++++++++lol+ nm node in Intel fabs IIRC. The agreement Intel had with TSMC is yet to be working. It's for future products. By no means it's for RKL-S (probably not even for ADL-S).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I am happy AMD CPU shortage is going to end.
But RKL-S is going to be produced at usual 14++++++++lol+ nm node in Intel fabs IIRC. The agreement Intel had with TSMC is yet to be working. It's for future products. By no means it's for RKL-S (probably not even for ADL-S).
Ah, yes, you're right.

These 14nm are still Intel Fabs.

It's the upcoming 5nm and 3nm that are moving to TSMC later on this year (y)

a6KP5me_460s.jpg

feels like they should of held fire till there of 14nm I really dont envy being the new ceo facing the situation they have currently got themselfs into !

D

Deleted member 41971

intel for a while has been poor in for example laptops due to the heat generated, there is also an argument to say intel is now 3rd behind apples m1 silicon and amd.