Elimina II screen problem

Hi, hoping to get some help. As of writing this I got my laptop yesterday and been using it. As soon as I got and turned on my device the screen was very dim. So dim in fact that the only solution to see anything on the screen was to shine a torch on it. I reinstalled windows and updated all the drivers using an external display to no avail. Is there anyway to fix this?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi, hoping to get some help. As of writing this I got my laptop yesterday and been using it. As soon as I got and turned on my device the screen was very dim. So dim in fact that the only solution to see anything on the screen was to shine a torch on it. I reinstalled windows and updated all the drivers using an external display to no avail. Is there anyway to fix this?
Sorry to ask, but have you checked the brightness level? Is it on full?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yea, here's the invoice from my order if that helps?
We can’t open pdfs as they can contain viruses, and have removed that as likely has personal information which you don’t want to publicise.

If you could just copy and paste the specs?

Chassis & Display Elimina Series: 15.6" Matte Full HD 144Hz 72% NTSC LED Widescreen
(1920x1080)
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i7 Eight Core Processor 11800H (2.4GHz, 4.6GHz Turbo)
Memory (RAM) 8GB Corsair 2133MHz SODIMM DDR4 (2 x 4GB)
Graphics Card NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3050 - 4.0GB GDDR6 Video RAM - DirectX® 12.1
1st Storage Drive NOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive 1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2000 MB/R, 1100 MB/W)
Memory Card Reader Integrated 6 in 1 Card Reader (SD /Mini SD/ SDHC / SDXC / MMC /
RSMMC)
AC Adaptor 1 x 150W AC Adaptor
Power Cable 1 x 1 Metre Cloverleaf UK Power Cable
Battery Elimina Series Detachable Lithium Ion Battery
Thermal Paste ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND
Sound Card 2 Channel High Def. Audio + SoundBlaster™ Cinema
Bluetooth & Wireless GIGABIT LAN & WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 (2.4 Gbps) + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options 1 x USB 3.2 PORT (Type C) + 2 x USB 3.2 PORTS + 1 x USB 2.0 PORT
Keyboard Language MULTI COLOUR BACKLIT UK KEYBOARD
Operating System NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System Language United Kingdom - English Language

As I said, I used a torch and shined it on the display to reinstall windows. I then used an external monitor to apply updates and install the Intel and Nvidia drivers from their websites

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As I said, I used a torch and shined it on the display to reinstall windows. I then used an external monitor to apply updates and install the Intel and Nvidia drivers from their websites

but what method did you use to install windows? Did you use the Microsoft media creator? Did you delete all partitions before installation? Did you use windows update for drivers?

Or did you do a reset from within windows?

Does the screen show normally from the BIOS?

Yeah, I created the windows install usb using windows media creator. When I went to install windows I deleted all partitions and installed it to the drive. I used windows update for most of the drivers except for the Nvidia and intel graphic drivers

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah, I created the windows install usb using windows media creator. When I went to install windows I deleted all partitions and installed it to the drive. I used windows update for most of the drivers except for the Nvidia and intel graphic drivers
Ok, you’ve done everything right then.

Just double check in the BIOS if the backlight is coming on normally?

I tried that and even in the bios the screen isnt displaying properly. It's just very dim so I have to shine a light on it to see anything

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I can't understand it tho cuz it's a brand new computer
It’s likely the backlight has failed in transit due to a knock or something.

It’s very unusual, plain bad luck I think, but if it’s happening in the bios it’s nothing to do with drivers or software at all as they’re not loaded.

I’m afraid you’d need to arrange an RMA

It’s likely the backlight has failed in transit due to a knock or something.

It’s very unusual, plain bad luck I think, but if it’s happening in the bios it’s nothing to do with drivers or software at all as they’re not loaded.

I’m afraid you’d need to arrange an RMA
How do I arrange an rma?