Email from PCS, my order is 'In Building'

TCO

Happy days, my order status has gone from 'Processing' to 'In Building' - really looking forward to getting my new PC, and seeing how GTA V plays on the new 'beast'. :cowboy:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
This period will be the longest of your life. It's well know that time slows down as your PC is in the building phase. But this agonising wait will pale into insignificance when you get your new PC! It's worth the wait....:)

Last edited:

TCO

And now it's in testing - keeping my fingers crossed, could have it early next week.

JaM1e, it was in processing for quite a while, probably seven working days, but it's a reasonably high end build (eight core Haswell CPU and Titan X) so I'm happy with the progress. As ubuysa says, it does feel like a pretty long wait but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Rakk

The Awesome
And now it's in testing - keeping my fingers crossed, could have it early next week.
Normally once it's in building it only takes a day or two to be dispatched so presuming it passes testing and QA, I'd think you should have it before the weekend - unless you're ordering from outside the mainland UK

JaM1e

Bronze Level Poster
JaM1e, it was in processing for quite a while, probably seven working days, but it's a reasonably high end build (eight core Haswell CPU and Titan X) so I'm happy with the progress. As ubuysa says, it does feel like a pretty long wait but I'm sure it'll be worth it.

Yeah I've gone for a high spec build including the Titan X so this gives me a realistic time frame. The wait is destroying my soul I can't remember how many times I've checked my account knowing nothing has changed haha.

TCO

By the end of the week would be great, especially as the girlfriend is working this weekend - some 'quality bonding' time to be had, once Steam's installed and some games have downloaded. :D

TCO

Cool :), and so today will seem like the longest day ever.

Haha, tell me about it. Either way, by 6pm tomorrow I'll have the new PC. :)

JaM1e, have patience - good things come to those who wait. All in it's been a two week process, so not too long for a custom build PC. I'm really looking forward to unleashing the Titan X!!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Haha, tell me about it. Either way, by 6pm tomorrow I'll have the new PC. :)

JaM1e, have patience - good things come to those who wait. All in it's been a two week process, so not too long for a custom build PC. I'm really looking forward to unleashing the Titan X!!

Titan X oooooo, me v jealous, you'll have to strap it down when you first power it on!

LFFPicard

Godlike
I don't know what is worse, the wait for a PC or watching 62gb of GTAV download knowing you cant even play it on your nice new machine for at least a few hours!

Luckily, as My PC is 3years old now I did not have that wait, and as I ordered on steam I pre-loaded a week early, but damn did work go slow that day!

TCO

I don't know what is worse, the wait for a PC or watching 62gb of GTAV download knowing you cant even play it on your nice new machine for at least a few hours!

Luckily, as My PC is 3years old now I did not have that wait, and as I ordered on steam I pre-loaded a week early, but damn did work go slow that day!

Shouldn't take too long to download, got 100Mbps courtesy of Virgin Media. Have GTA V on my current PC (i7 980 with GTX 580) and it's pretty good on that, but thinking the experience is going to be a lot better on the new PC.

By the way, how do you generate your 'PC Spec' image you use in your signature??

LFFPicard

Godlike
Aaaah, my sig was done for me a while ago by a forum member called pez.
Looking at their profile not been active for some time.

EDIT:
<----------- 1111 Posts :)

TCO

Ah, so it isn't autogenerated. Looks like I may have to dust off Photoshop Lite (aka Paint.Net) then. :p

EDIT:
<-- 13 posts. Unlucky? For me? :D