Email notification

Shibin

Enthusiast
I would love to receive email notifications of if i got a reply for a thread or a post i did in the forum so i know that i have to reply instead of scanning through lots of them :p. Its just that in many other forums you have the option...anyway just my 0.0000002 cents :D

Sleinous

Author Level
*1 cent :D

I wonder if this is doable. May end up sending many many emails xD I guess its a feature we could turn on or off from CP

Rakk

The Awesome
Yeah, it could end up filling your inbox with an awful lot of mails, for instance if you reply in a really busy thread, you could get like 20 emails in a couple of hours.

Shibin

Enthusiast
No no you guys got the wrong idea, What would happen is as you reply to something and then your post gets replied to...you would only get a notification for the next post after yours,which is technically a reply.So you know the thread has been updated. And yes i was also thinking of turning it off from forum settings or turning it on...just a thought though :D

I hope pcs reads this :p

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
As this is a vbulletin forum, I'm sure it's possible somehow. Check your settings it might be a tick box somewhere.

Shibin

Enthusiast
I clicked settings at top and got Subscribed Threads with New Posts: (0) So i guess you have to subscribe to the thread and then get notifications in your forum inbox. I tried messing around with settings and for the life of me couldn't work out how to "subscribe" to a thread :p

edit: In your User CP, there is a section under Settings & Options named 'Edit Options'.

Messaging & Notification - options include:

* 'Receive Email' - whether or not you want to receive emails from other Members and administrators
* 'Default Thread Subscription Mode' - how you want to be notified about new posts in threads to which you have subscribed

Managed to turn on email notifications for replies and pm's...this stuff is good :D

Last edited:

xrchz

Bronze Level Poster
at the top of the thread look for a menu (on the right) that has "Thread Tools" in it. In that drop down menu you can subscribe to a thread. Then you get email notification every time someone replies.

Gorman

Author Level
Best thing to do is subscribe to threads you are interested in, then on each visit check your subscribed threads, you can easily see which has new posts.