Enabling GTX 1050Ti

Staz

Hi. I've searched the forums and can't find an answer to my problem. I've a new Recoil 15.6'' laptop. It was purchased for photo editing while I'm away from home so I need the display to be calibrated. I assumed that the GTX 1050ti was the default card for the machine so used Colormunki to set up a profile. I then set the colour profile in the display setting but then noticed the settings were Windows HD and the adapter was listed as Intel(r) UHD630. The GTX card is not being used. I checked in Device Manager and both cards are shown to be running with no problem. I tried disabling the Inter adapter and lost my 144hz refresh rate and was left with no ability to adjust screen brigtness or select my profile I created. I've checked Services and all the Nvidia services are running normall. services are running as normal. I've tried re installing the latest drivers and no difference. The Nvidia Control panel is set globally to High performance Nvidia processor. How do I make the the GTX card the default card for desktop and all apps and allow me to use my colour profile as created by Colourmunki. n.b. I use colourmunki profiles on my desktop no problem in Windows 10. It appear you cannot disable or remove the intel adapter on the laptop.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Laptops run on switcheable graphics so use the intel card for most normal uses, then switch to nvidia for power usage like gaming.

To enable the card as default, you just have to do so in the nvidia control center:

You can either do it globally so it affects all usage, or per program.

Staz

Thanks Spydertracks. I'd already tried your suggestion and it does work with the graphics on apps so the card is working. I've yet to figure out if the colour profile I've created is being used by the apps as or not accurately. I realised there was a problem yesterday when an image that look fine on my laptop looked way to dark when I viewed it on Facebook using my main pc which is colour calibrated with a Colormunki profile. I've just manged to colour calibrate the laptop but the adapter being used is the intel one for display Device1. My apps such as Photoshop and lightroom are using the GTX but I'm not sure if the profile is being used. I'm now going to chack the two monitors side by side. Thanks again for your suggestion.