Enigma I7 Battery Replacement

Zaldos

A month or so ago I managed to spill water onto my laptop which short circuited the battery and now it doesn't work. I read recently that you sell spare parts for laptops which need to be replaced. So I looked on the website and it came up with spare parts for an order I made. However it comes up with a "6 cell battery for the Enigma II" which is not the same model as my laptop (the enigma i7 which is what it was named on your site in 2010). I was wondering if this battery would work for my laptop or if I would need to look else where? Here is a link to an imgur gallery of my current battery I have: http://imgur.com/a/wHZon for reference.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
We have the battery in stock the the battery that was available through the spares section is the correct model. :)

Zaldos

Okay, so my new battery doesn't seem to be charging at all. I've left it on for 18.5 hours straight with the laptop off but plugged in and "charging" but it's not charging at all however it can run off of the battery (though not for long as it's on 7% and shuts itself down when that low) . The battery indicator which looks half full keeps blinking on and off and the full battery indicator is rapidly blinking every so often. These indicators are on the case not the screen. Is it possible the water has broken the transformer inside of the laptop and so cannot power to the battery to charge it and can only take power instead?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I would recommend you contact us on 0844 499 4000 for further assistance if required. It could be a possibility that the water has caused some damage, please explain this to our call centre and they should be able to help.