Enigma III question for current users

henrico

hi,

I'm looking to get a laptop mainly for audio work so I'll be stressing the processor a lot although not the graphics card. Has anyone got any experience of how loud the fan is at idle and when being pushed?

Any help appreciated.

Cheers :)

pr1s0ner

Flat out the fan got a bit noisy, but that only ever happened with graphics hungry software, for audio I never found it to be a problem

pr1s0ner

Not really, half a dozen fx at most, and maybe a vsti for midi drums.
I've never really managed to shake the habits I got when pc's used to really struggle with audio processing. So I dont to stretch new processors very much :D

henrico

Sorry to be a **** but do you mind testing it for me? Just stick in a load of vsts so the processor gets above 60% and see if it turns into a jet fighter ;-) Would appreciate greatly as the laptop is only going to be used for audio production and I'm loathed to buy a Lenovo etc. for twice as much which might be no better. Sorry to keep pestering :)

pr1s0ner

I would gladly, but don't have the machine anymore (gone back to a desktop).
I really don't remember it being overly noisy though, even when the fans did kick in.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
You have a 7 day cooling off period when purchasing - if the fan is too noisy you can send it back for a full refund during this period, and providing the laptop is brand new. I would suggest you keep all the plastic protective packaging in place and test it straight away. To be honest though I doubt that you will be disappointed, the fans are very quiet.

henrico

Hi,

I just thought I'd reply as I've just received my laptop and wanted to give the thread some kind of conclusion. I actually went for the optimus in the end as it had the graphics card switching facility which I liked the sound of. And the conclusion is that it's amazing! It runs really quiet and with my Babyface RME card there are no issues at all. It's really fast and looks smart.

So basically, I'm saying, it's an awesome laptop and thankyou very much for the help and the prompt time it took to get ready and delivered.

Cheers,
One very happy customer :D

Ticktock

Hi good to hear your'e happy with noise level. Can I ask what configuration you went for- (as if you look at my threads) it's something I'm concerned about too?
Regards

henrico

2760qm, 8gb ram, 80gb ssd...

I'd probably go for more hard disk space next time tho as already running low!!
Running my audio app at high processor usage the fan doesn't really spin up at all.