Euro 2020 (21) Who's gonna win?

JediMonsoon

Gold Level Poster
That was a poor show from England, taking nothing away from Scotlands performance, we had a complete lack of aggression and could have done with some of the spirit displayed by our sweaty friends
I agree it was a massive difference in performance from the first game, Harry Kane didn‘t seem himself either. England never like to make it easy on themselves or the fans!

rouchie

Rising Star
I agree it was a massive difference in performance from the first game, Harry Kane didn‘t seem himself either. England never like to make it easy on themselves or the fans!
A draw with the Czechs will see us qualify 2nd in the league so that would be a good route, and as a Hammer I will be happy to see Soucek & Coufal and their merry bunch lead the way to the knock out stages

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
A draw with the Czechs will see us qualify 2nd in the league so that would be a good route, and as a Hammer I will be happy to see Soucek & Coufal and their merry bunch lead the way to the knock out stages
And as a Hammer, you’ll be used to the inevitable disappointment when we put in another underwhelming performance 😜

I’m not getting my hopes up, I’d love to see Southgate shake things about and start Grealish, Sancho and Calvert-Lewin as his front three for the match but I fully accept that he’ll stick with his usuals.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I actually wasn't impressed by Grealish, after his hype. I think the kid would be absolutely perfect to bring on to hold/extend a lead, but when searching for a goal I think he breaks up the momentum too much.

I was fearful before he came on against us, but once he was on I saw more time wasting than anything else. He rarely got himself in a dangerous position to bring about the foul.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
I actually wasn't impressed by Grealish, after his hype. I think the kid would be absolutely perfect to bring on to hold/extend a lead, but when searching for a goal I think he breaks up the momentum too much.

I was fearful before he came on against us, but once he was on I saw more time wasting than anything else. He rarely got himself in a dangerous position to bring about the foul.
I think the issue is that the shape and roles of the team need to change to accommodate his style of play, which is something that Southgate seems reluctant to do, especially mid-match. He’s a fairly unique player for an English lad and he’s got a brand of talent and trickery that means he’s not well placed to be a like for like substitute.

If I was England manager (and god willing, one day I will be) I’d be inclined to build the team around him. We don’t get a lot of prodigiously talented players born here now who when you look at them make you think ‘this guy can make things happen’. And when we do, their international careers are often held back due to some unexplained fear of having a creative player on the pitch. Look at Matt Le Tissier as an example, consistently overlooked at international level despite being seemingly able to score whenever he felt like it at Southampton.

rouchie

Rising Star
So any predictions for our line up against the Germans and result, please god, no penalties!! I think Saka showed enough to get another start, Mount & Chilwell will probably be out due to their covid isolation which only expites at midnight tronight. Will Grealish get a start or be saved to join the game later on - not sure I want Henderson to start and would prefer Rice & Phillips. I think we have enough to beat the Germans (eternal optimist that I am) and if we do squeak through the run to tyhe final does look doable!!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Because the Germans tend to press centrally and high up the pitch, I’m wondering if there’s maybe a case for starting Rice, Phillips AND Henderson in front of a back four to absorb that threat. Then utilising pace down the wide areas to put pressure on their full backs, who aren’t the fastest.

I’m not making any predictions though. Not after my Turkey one 🤫

rouchie

Rising Star
Because the Germans tend to press centrally and high up the pitch, I’m wondering if there’s maybe a case for starting Rice, Phillips AND Henderson in front of a back four to absorb that threat. Then utilising pace down the wide areas to put pressure on their full backs, who aren’t the fastest.

I’m not making any predictions though. Not after my Turkey one 🤫
Ah yes - the surprise package! I did see a couple of pundits pushing the 3 dm theory but I really dont think we need to go that defensive

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
As someone who lived in Germany for a bit, Germany are pretty much my second team (aside from the many, many family connections!), so I'm onto a winner whatever happens in the game. The way that side of the draw has opened up after last night's game is pretty mad!

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
What a couple of games tonight and Mbappe missed the penalty that sends the swiss through!
Two phenomenal games! They had everything a fan could wish to see. And fair play to Mrs Cooper, as a French woman she could be beating me to death with a baguette right now but she’s being very pragmatic about the whole thing… and asking why Moussa Sissoko has abdominal muscles on the back of his neck…

EC090101-B16B-4B00-AD9F-1D84A2DB29F6.jpeg

VirtualDevil

Silver Level Poster
Managed to watch the whole of both games and what an incredible watch they were.

Granted, I'm now in the doghouse for denying a switch to Love Island but can honestly say it's was worth the hour of evils for that thriller.

Mbappe had a shocking tournament, and missing the penalty to see the Swiss through really summed up his Euros.

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
Managed to watch the whole of both games and what an incredible watch they were.

Granted, I'm now in the doghouse for denying a switch to Love Island but can honestly say it's was worth the hour of evils for that thriller.

Mbappe had a shocking tournament, and missing the penalty to see the Swiss through really summed up his Euros.
As an Everton fan, I'd rather sit on the Kop during the Merseyside Derby than watch Love Island - being in the doghouse is probably worth it!

TomBerry

Bright Spark
Feel like sticking a bet on for tonight's England vs Germany match...I know it's wrong of me to say this score but I'm feeling England 1 - 2 Germany 🤔

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Sweden Or Ukraine in Rome on Saturday?
I’m genuinely okay with either… although I feel as though Sweden would be easier to deal with. The mere fact that they’re both having to play an extra half hour is music to my ears. They’ll be that bit more tired and leggy than the English lads come the weekend 👍

How about you?