Eve Online

Gorman

Author Level
Hello PCS forum people, how have you all been?

So with the dark nights still here, hundreds of miles from home and a mrs who trains 4 nights a week a little gaming opportunity has arisen and i think its going to be Eve that witnesses my return to geekdom.

Any of you Eve players?

Rakk

The Awesome
So with the dark nights still here, hundreds of miles from home and a mrs who trains 4 nights a week a little gaming opportunity has arisen and i think its going to be Eve that witnesses my return to geekdom.
Welcome back to the world of geekdom :) Good to see you back.

Any of you Eve players?
Nope, still EQ2, but I thought I'd reply to your thread anyways :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Heya G Man :) Far too quiet here without you!

I have an active EVE account that ticks away training...its quite an expensive version of paint drying i'll grant you, but you never know when you might like to play again :)

As I don't actually do anything active atm, not sure i'm much help, aside from maybe advice (depending how long ago you last played :) )

DED

scoboy

Been thinking about taking a swing at Eve when my new laptop arrives. Played for a few months ages ago, but haven't looked at it since. Is it easy enough for new players to get started or does it suffer from typical MMO game problems of lower content being dead?

Just realised last night my Rift sub was still running - tried to get back into that but it was pretty dull. :-/

Scotch

Gold Level Poster
Eve is hard to get back into i believe. Just matters what you into for example pvp you have to be like 3months worth of skill to be able to stand some fights. Rest of stuff can me nearly done after a week just matters what you are into.

scoboy

Happy with a bit of anything really as long as there's stuff to do. Just have memories of EQ years ago where progression bottlenecked due to lack of people playing and so on. Just looking for a bit of random space-based action. :)

JakAttack

Resident Metalhead
Staff member
I may look into getting it, last game I played with any real commitment was Sims 3 about 4 months ago, and I'm still recovering from the shame.

Scotch

Gold Level Poster
I may look into getting it, last game I played with any real commitment was Sims 3 about 4 months ago, and I'm still recovering from the shame.

If there was ever a need for a button to take away rep we would need it right now. I believe its an Emergency!!

Outerarm

I've been playing EVE for nearly 8 years solid... It is both the worst and best game I've every played! Effectively playing 'Elite' with 50,000 people at the same time is quite an experience, but to get the most out of it you really need to invest time and join active corporations not run by muppets.

Kalisnoir

Super Star
I've had EVE since '08 in which I've played it on and off with large gaps. One of my friends has shown interest in it since playing Dust 514 so we've both started fresh (I didn't want to re-sub if I don't get back into it and he doesn't like it) so if I still want to play after the 14 day trial I'm going to re-sub on my actual account. I'll add you to contacts Gorman (and Outerarm if you leave your name)

Outerarm

I'm 'Arrs Grazznic' in-game, currently based 8 jumps or so from Hek. Feel free to give me a shout!

Cheers,
OA

LFFPicard

Godlike
I have 4 account, but all inactive at the moment.
I love the game, but nevr have enough time to dedicate to it.
Might resub my main to keep the training going.

I am rather sad though, I like mining :D
My chars are below, all caldari.

Tear Anasarsy
Emily Anasarsy
Evil Tactician
Aemene Elensar

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
You raise a good point Picard. I love EVE too, but I just can't commit to playing it for any length of time, so any time I do put in would seem wasted :(

That said, mine is STILL active and churning out random, probably unneeded skills that I may never use :)

Rock turned 9 2 weeks ago, bless him, and he's still bossing it in Grinacanne like he was in 2004 :D