Explorer problems

Maxy

Hi,

I'm having troubles with the main set of Documents folders in Windows Explorer.

I moved (or thought I did) the main "Documents" folders etc. in windows 8.1, attempting to move all the default save locations to my HDD rather than my much smaller SSD which was filling up rather quick.

I managed to get everything moved, and it's all working okay, but I'm stuck with 2 empty folders, both of which say "Documents" with nothing in them and I'm unable to delete or even rename them.

Even more annoying is whenever something goes in there (say I download an email attachment) a copy of the file goes into both folders. I have no clue whether or not that means that means I have 2 of the same thing on my HDD (two copies) or whether it's like having 2 doors to the same room. Ideally I'd either like to delete one of the folders or rename and get them to function as standalone folders. Also,

I really can't tell what I did, something like properties -> location and changed it to something innocent in my HDD.

Any clues on how to fix this?

M

Maxy

That looks great, only when I open it up and right click Documents I get a completely different screen! :(

Mohli

Hi Maxy

Check on C drive and see how many Users there are, it may be lhat you log in as administrator and another user too.

Maxy

Mohli,

Still didn't work. I can change the name of the C drive, but not the (root?) folders in it. Very odd.

Mohli

Sorry, I think I didn't explain very well. Why did you want to change the name of the C drive?
Did you see how many Users are listed on the C drive?