External Monitor limited to 1280 x 800 (Vortex IV)

Zulubear

Hi,

I'm at my wits end now. I've been trying to connect my external LG W3000H monitor to my Vortex IV laptop for about a week now. I've bought nearly every combination of cable possible, but I always seem to be limited to a resolution of 1280 x 800. The monitor only has a Dual DVI in with a native resolution of 2560 x 1600. I have an HDMI to Dual Link DVI cable and a Mini DisplayPort to Dual Link DVI and neither of these give me options above 1280 x 800. I would expect to be able to set it to 1920 x 1080 over HDMI or MDP. The monitor runs happily at this resolution off my desktop when required.

I have tested the laptop and cables with a DELL 2001W monitor and this identifies a correct maximum native resolution of 1680 x 1080. This obviously means that the IntelHD / NVidia driver combo cannot detect the resolutions provided by the LG W3000H.

Does anyone know how to override the auto resolution detection? It's Windows 8 with Intel 4600HD and NVidia 780M. I assume that the res options come from the Intel driver side.

Thanks,

Bjorn