Extra memory question

MicZel

Hi folks
Thinking of taking advantage of sales and adding an extra 32gb ram to my pc. Unfortunately my PC didn't come with any memory stick packaging. I can't find any to match with what I believe to be the model number on the stick. Does the model no. have to be the same? Currently have 2 x 16gb corsair vengeance rgb ddr5 6000mhz. Does anything else have to match or will that suffice? I've got an asus tuf gaming x670e plus WiFi (DDR5 PCIe 5.0) rgb ready motherboard with amd 7800x3d?
Any advice would be appreciated thanks

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Hi folks
Thinking of taking advantage of sales and adding an extra 32gb ram to my pc. Unfortunately my PC didn't come with any memory stick packaging. I can't find any to match with what I believe to be the model number on the stick. Does the model no. have to be the same? Currently have 2 x 16gb corsair vengeance rgb ddr5 6000mhz. Does anything else have to match or will that suffice? I've got an asus tuf gaming x670e plus WiFi (DDR5 PCIe 5.0) rgb ready motherboard with amd 7800x3d?
Any advice would be appreciated thanks
Do you need an extra 32GB of memory? If you're not using what you have, you won't benefit from adding more. Gaming is very, very unlikely to need it.

In fact, it may cause problems because running four sticks of RAM at those speeds is tricky. You might find you have to run at a slower speed to get it stable. So I'd only do it if you definitely need it.

MicZel

It was for running dcs on vr. To be honest, it has been running well just thought it might help in future if I end up on multi player servers as other players have mentioned that it can use up all the ram. However, if u think it might be unnecessary, I might give it a miss. The savings aren't huge anyway!

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
It was for running dcs on vr. To be honest, it has been running well just thought it might help in future if I end up on multi player servers as other players have mentioned that it can use up all the ram. However, if u think it might be unnecessary, I might give it a miss. The savings aren't huge anyway!
I'd check your RAM use while gaming and see if you're using it all. If you're not, it'll gain nothing whatsoever!

MicZel

Will do thanks. Out of curiosity/if it is using all the ram what would be the answer to the original question re model number, spec etc?