Fail

Velkro

Trying to make an order for a vortex 3 and cannot proceed due to an error. enter email address, confirm address...fail, check letter by letter, try another keyboard...fail.

They don't half make it hard for you to spend the cash.

I will phone them first thing in the morning even though I should be asleep due to starting night shifts and see if I can get this sorted. I would really like one of these to take on my holiday in a little over a week.

Also very disappointed that they have doubled the cost of fast track orders.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
PCS responded in another thread about the fast track. They are essentially trying to discourage people from fast tracking as they have a lot of them and normal orders on, and want to meet all requirements for those that do pay for it, hence increase the price in order to reduce demand :) Simple economics :)

Velkro

I would suggest that more simple economics would lead me to employ more staff to meet all orders on time and encourage people to make orders and therefore continue to make money in this difficult current economic climate, rather than due to being unable to cope with large volumes of orders that valued customers wish to have fast tracked, make it twice as expensive to stop people making fast track orders....go figure

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Increase in fast track price = temporary measure, easy to implement.

More staff = rather long term and complex to organise (even though PCS did just take on 2 new people to plug all the shiny bits in cases :) )

steaky360

I would suggest that more simple economics would lead me to employ more staff to meet all orders on time and encourage people to make orders and therefore continue to make money in this difficult current economic climate, rather than due to being unable to cope with large volumes of orders that valued customers wish to have fast tracked, make it twice as expensive to stop people making fast track orders....go figure

Aye unfortunately its not that simple :). The current high demand probably is seasonal and wont continue through the year. I'd imagine PCS have considered this already and have the optimum number of staff (+2 now haha).

Still, its only the fast track service they have changed the price of. Its not like the rigs are more expensive (by any major margin) because of the demand. Hopefully this will lead to a reduction in lead times for everyone's PC's :)